Editing a plain text email

Home Forums Quform PHP Editing a plain text email

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    theglitch
    Participant

Just wanted to say that I am in love with this product. It has never let me down and I can’t wait to see what other items you come out with in the future.

Here is my question though, I need to have a plain text email of the form items. I don’t need the elements labeled like-

Name
    ————————
    Kevin

I need to have each element put into special quotes like

&&Kevin&&

with each element being a different symbol that is the same in each email. So the name is always using &&x&&, the message is always **x**, and the email is @@x@@ – that way a program can parse the email for what is between the symbols.

theglitch
    Participant

Note: I’m not looking for an automated way to label the elements in sequence. I want to set it up as something like (“XX” name “XX”) that works for me, however i’m not a procoder and still getting the hang of it all.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

theglitch
    Participant

Ally you are amazing and please no need to apologize, I’m sure you are really busy and you are generous for helping us out. I like what you did, i’m going to give it a try. I sort of ended up glueing parts of your original code with what bits my brain can do and ended up something like this for the email-

foreach ($form->getElements() as $element) {
    if (!$element->isHidden()) {
    echo $element->getLabel() . $n ;
    if ($element->getLabel() == "First name") {
    echo "$$$" . $element->getValueHtml('') . "$$$" . $n ;
    }
    if ($element->getLabel() == "Last name") {
    echo "$$" . $element->getValueHtml('') . "$$" . $n ;
    }
    if ($element->getLabel() == "Company") {
    echo "@@" . $element->getValueHtml('') . "@@" . $n ;
    }
    if ($element->getLabel() == "Phone") {
    echo "!!" . $element->getValueHtml('') . "!!" . $n ;
    }

It may not be the most elegant solution but it seems to work and I was able to use it for a later callout to display date information in the american MM/DD/YYYY format. Thoughts? Suggestions? Thank you again for taking the time out to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy