Email notification not working for hotmail etc

Home Forums Quform WordPress Email notification not working for hotmail etc

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    q4legend
    Participant

I have been using the form for almost a year with no issues using SMTP server settings as detailed in your help guide.

However, this stopped working about 1 month ago and now we don’t receive email notifications from any hotmail/gmail/yahoo submissions.

I have looked into this and it appears to be a widespread issue that needs addressing urgently.

Apparently since WordPress 4.4 this has affected many different plug-ins

Debug shows multiple instances of

“The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0″

Please investigate urgently and advise

Thank you

belindayunek
    Participant

I’m having the same issue. I have this on another site and it’s working perfectly, however I just added to a different site and I can’t get email notifications to work.

patdundee
    Participant

Just a quicl thought. I am wondering if this is similar to an issue I have with those 3 email providers.

The emails that people send, are they also being sent to a hotmail/gmail/yahoo address?

I have 4.4 and latest Quform for my contact form and it all works fine. The emails are not being sent to any of those addresses though they are being sent to my domain name also using SMTP

I am aware of an issue that has errupted agian over the past few months where an email is sent to one of the above named accounts and it is received by them but not always delivered. I raised a ticket with hotmail for this but they do not seem to care. I even provided the mail logs for them to show it had received emails but was not always delivering them to the end user

If the email you are receiving is being sent to either of those 3 address names then have a word with them and raise a ticket.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by patdundee.
    • This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by patdundee.
    q4legend
    Participant

Thanks for the input but I really don’t think this is the cause.

The forms are submitted to our website and then supposedly emailed to our email account.

It works fine except for anyone who stipulates a yahoo/gmail/Hotmail contact address in the form.

(Please note however, these forms are NOT emailed to the yahoo/gmail/Hotmail contact addresses)

It was working fine until about 6 weeks ago so something has definitely changed with the form/wordpress/integration

patdundee
    Participant

How strange. Mine is set the same way and does receive them. If it helps I do not mind comparing settings in case their is a difference 🙂

I have also used this plug in for about 3 years

Patrick

q4legend
    Participant

Hi Patrick, that would be much appreciated, thanks.

I am currently running as follows:

Wordpress Version: 4.4
    Quform Version: 1.7.5

I am also running a second site with the same issues:

Wordpress Version: 4.0.8
    Quform Version: 1.4.4

Both sites have simple forms which work fine but complicated (image based) forms do not – as detailed

belindayunek
    Participant

I would love some help. I’m using Quform on a different site and it works perfect. I installed it on another site it was working for a couple days, we then changed the persons email and it stopped working. We tried using a gmail account, etc. Still not working and now we are not even getting the email when someone using the form fill.

We’ve tried a bunch of things, feeling stuck

patdundee
    Participant

Can you email me direct with the following
    Site address where the form is
    Also(which you possibly already have done) can you enable debug mode (wp-config.php) set debug to true
    my email address is admin@palmsecure.biz

Patrick

q4legend
    Participant

Hi Patrick,

Thanks again for your time.

I have run debug and it shows:

PHP Notice: The called constructor method for WP_Widget is deprecated since version 4.3.0! Use

__construct()

instead. in /home/sites/manchesterhenandstag.co.uk/public_html/wp-includes/functions.php on line 3619

patdundee
    Participant

Hi Belinda
    Just going to try and help q4legend first 🙂

Not an expert but having used the plug in for some time I have managed to sort several mail issues out that I have encountered.

Again can you send the same details that i have asked from q4legend and let me know what the debug says

my email address is on the reply to q4legend and i will see what i can find out for you.

Patrick

patdundee
    Participant

Something you have probably both done already
    Turn off all plugins that are not essential to the page display (Especially social plugins). It would be better if all plugins were turned off except for quform and see if the debug message is the same

q4legend
    Participant

The site is live and we need the plug-ins operational.

This is so frustrating because it was working fine until December time.

I think there is something wrong with the code and the constructor method – so I will have to await an official response from Themecatcher.

Thanks for your time Pat, appreciated

patdundee
    Participant

No worries
    I do know that this error is caused by older plug ins or the theme. Try turning one off at a time if that helps.
    If the issue is still there then it most likely be will be with the themes functions php.

When was the theme last updated?

If it is an old theme then it may not yet be compatible with 4.4 and that will possibly be where the issue lies.

If after turning the plugins off one at a time you still get the problem, try getting in touch with the theme makers as they will most likely be the ones that will need to correct the issue in the functions page.

One of the sites I look after has the latest theme/plug in updates and WP 4.4 with QuForm 1.7.5 if you go to the following url and scroll down to select Cake Enquiry, the form will open up with a multitude of options (Including 3 file attachments and that all works fine from all address’s

what is your form url?

P

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy