Error Saving Form

Home Forums Quform WordPress Error Saving Form

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dreoin
    Participant

Hello,

I have a form that’s been in continuous use for over a year that I haven’t made a change to in quite some time maybe 6 months or so. I upgraded to the newest version of QuForm today. When I went to make a change to a multiple choice list, I get an “error while saving” box at the top of the form and I can’t save the change.

Is there a debug/error log somewhere I can check to see where I’m having my issue?

Thanks!

Eoin

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

dreoin
    Participant

Hello, So I’ve been dealing with a form that I can’t update, but still works. I get the error message listed above. I’ve done the following and nothing has remedied the situation

I should note that I can edit other forms in Quform and save them. Just this particular form will not allow me to save.

In addition I duplicated the form to see if I could save a duplicate, no success.
    I exported the form and imported it, also unsuccessful
    I duplicated the form and started deleting elements one by one until I had nothing left, still no luck saving.

As requested I:

1. Enabled debugging. There were some errors not related to quform, but a couple of other add-ons that I disabled and now no longer get error.

2. Changed theme to “blank slate” No change

3. Disabled all plugins except Quform

4. Tried different variations of the previous

At this point I feel that I should try to re-create the form from scratch, but that will take hours.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Dr.Bones

dreoin
    Participant

So I started to re-create the form field by field and on the 5th element I insert the text in the label field and am unable to save the form. This is the text from the label field:

“Is your <i>NEW COMPLAINT</i> with your: (select any you haven’t been treated for recently)”

I was wondering if it might be the length, but the previous element #4 has the following label (which is longer):

“Where is your <i>Existing Complaint</i>? (Only include what you’ve recently been treated for)”

I thought that the trailing parenthesis might be the problem. So I changed the wording to

“Where is your <i>New Complaint</i>? Please select any you haven’t been treated for recently”

which worked, and

“Where is your <i>New Complaint</i>? (Please select any you haven’t been treated for recently)”

also works, so I’m stymied by where my error or a bug might be.

I’ve continued to basically rebuild the form from start to finish and I’ve yet to encounter a save error except on the 1st line.

Dr.Bones

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy