Export file is messed up

Home Forums Quform WordPress Export file is messed up

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    kjartan
    Participant

Hi. When I try to open the exported file, the first two rows are fine, but because I’ve enabled an input field in the form, people have added commas throughout the text. These commas are treated as separator when I open the file in excel. Do you have any idea how to export with a difrent utf format or something?
    Seems like the exported file also contains <br> and other weird characters as well.

Besides the export problem, the form works great.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

karsayor
    Participant

Hello

Additionnaly to this, when exporting to csv with special french letters like é,à,è,',... then it writes some stranges strings like 'é in the CSV file.

In the display entries table, it shows normally 🙂

Thanks for your job guys !

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

karsayor
    Participant

Hello

It doesn’t work, check the attached file.

Thanks for your help

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

karsayor
    Participant

Hello

Ok in that case it works fine, except the ‘ which is not correctly translated.

The “Rue” field is a Single Line Text

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

karsayor
    Participant

That did the trick 🙂

Thanks !

kjartan
    Participant

Hi. Thanks for superb support. Works well!

Mindaugas
    Participant

I did the changes you mentioned. But Lithuanian symbols “ąčęėįšųūž” mess up in exported excel. Is the way to fix it? In the admin of Quform entries symbols looks fine. Only in xported excel.

Ally
    Support Staff

Mindaugas
    Participant

It works. Thanks.

karsayor
    Participant

Hello

I have another question about export file. For multiple choice for exemple, when exported it creates a line break after each entries.

Then, when exporting to csv, it also create these line breaks. That mess the final import in excel.

Any idea how to change this to remove line breaks and replace them by + or any other sign ?

Thank you very much !

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy