External Referrer Problem with Caching

Home Forums Quform WordPress External Referrer Problem with Caching

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    archie
    Participant

Hello

I needed to get external referrer in the forms, I implemented it per tutorial on this
    URL: https://support.themecatcher.net/quform-wordpress/guides/integration/referrer-tracking

And it works fine! But, problem comes when I enable cache on the website.

Is there any alternative to get the external_referrer parameter value in AJAX or JS?

Thank You
    Archie

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by Ally. Reason: Change no_priv to nopriv
    archie
    Participant

Hi Ally

Thanks a million! It did work, now the referral hidden input field gives the value regardless of caching…

However, problem I saw is that, If I google my keywords, go to my website from google and fill out the form on homepage, it does show google as a referral.

But, If I move around on the website and fill out the form after that, it shows my own website as a referral, shows the previous URL where I was on my website, before I moved to form page and filled it out.

Is there any way to modify this code in a way so that it shows the original referral in value? Not my website, even If I or customer moves around the website pages before they fill the form out?

Again, Thanks a million. Really appreciate your help!

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

archie
    Participant

Thanks, Im gonna try this code now and post results here 🙂

Thank you!

archie
    Participant

Hi Ally

I tried to the code, it leaves the referrer url field empty if the previous page (referrer) was on my website.

But, its different from what we need to achieve.

Example Scenario:

1) User finds website on google

2) On the website, user clicks around couple pages

3) He ends on landing page and fills out the form

in the form, on referrer field we need to show Google (the initial, primary referrer). Can you please tell me how can we achieve it?

Thanks a million

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy