Fatal Error message -validation

Home Forums Quform PHP Fatal Error message -validation

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bb3
    Participant

Hi Ally,
    I got a fatal error messsage, but I know what caused it … I have an input field for a person’s address, but it’s just a single field – a textarea box.
    I’m not doing validation right on this field in the process php. If I comment out the validation line on that entry, the form works fine.
    I’ve tried a few different options with it, but I’m still not doing it right.

Help appreciated
    Thanks
    Also got this: Does it matter?
    Deprecated: __autoload() is deprecated, use spl_autoload_register() instead in /public_html/quform/lib/PHPMailerAutoload.php on line 45

bb3
    Participant

I finally got it working!
    In case it ever becomes an issue for anyone else, I’ve included the php which worked for me to validate a textarea. It’s actually given in the process validators file but took me a long time to realise it.

$address = new Quform_Element(‘address’, ‘Address’);
    $address->addFilters(array(‘trim’));
    $address->addValidator(‘required’);
    $form->addElement($address);

Still somewhat confused though on the naming rules for the above entry. On one part of the documentation, (an example with a fax-number entry) it says all parts to change must match the ‘name’ in the html.
    Elsewhere it says the ‘name’ and ‘label’ must be used. Screenshots attached.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 5 months ago by Ally.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

bb3
    Participant

Hi Ally,
    Thanks for that detailed explanation. I get the picture now with the naming rules in the php element entry. The bit after the $ symbol was the main source of confusion … the rest ‘name’ and ‘label’ were obvious enough.

Your explanation is much better than in the documentation, which I still think is confusing … particularly the fax-number example (attached) which I thought I had sent already – it seems to suggest all the names have to be exactly the same.

Good to have it sorted.
    Much appreciated

On the Deprecated error: The version of PHP, on the hosting I use, is version 7 as far as I recall. Think there is an option to change it … but, everything seems to work ok as is, so, happy enough to leave it alone.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy