File Upload Attachment coming across as dat file instead of pdf

Home Forums Quform WordPress File Upload Attachment coming across as dat file instead of pdf

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mustang
    Participant

I have a file upload set to allow pdf files. Added file via the notification setting.

The comes through in the email as a dat fiile named quformS2zCn9.dat. Opening it in notepad, it appears to be pdf encoded file. However, when I change extension to pdf, and try to open it, Adobe PDF reader it says it is a damaged file. :/

How to fix this?

If I change it to just upload and include link in email, it uploads fine and opens fine. But I need it as an attachment, and not uploaded.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

luxmeinternational
    Participant

Hi there,

I just uploaded your .php file to the server, but it didn’t work. Godaddy is not allowing us to upload the files to the server, so this is the only way to get them.

I just notice that the files are actually being uploaded, but their extension is being removed by Godaddy. I have to download the file via FTP. , add the extension, and the file can be opened. This is just too complicated to do, especially if we have too many submissions.

Is there another way to fix this? When is the next update coming out?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by luxmeinternational. Reason: add more info
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

luxmeinternational
    Participant

Hi Ally,

Are you referring to a version that hasn’t been released yet? We are still having problems with the plugin and, as far as I know, we have the latest version of it (2.5.0). I no longer think it’s a Godaddy issue. The plug-in seems unable to access the “uploads directory” even if permissions are set to 777. I sent you the login info by email last week, but I haven’t heard from you guys yet. I tried uninstalling it, but when trying to install it again, an error said that the plug-in was unable to create the “uploads directory”, so I had to roll back to my latest backup (error1.jpg). Could this be related to the SSL certificate we installed recently, although it doesn’t seem likely? Our second website doesn’t have an SSL yet since it’s still being developed, and the plug-in works as expected. They are both on the same server. We appreciate any help you can provide at this point. Thanks!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 4 months ago by luxmeinternational. Reason: add more info
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    luxmeinternational
    Participant

Thank you for your help Ally. It seems the default media folder wasn’t updated when we migrated the site. It’s working fine now!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy