File Uploads/Attachments – Securing Sensitive Files

Home Forums Quform WordPress File Uploads/Attachments – Securing Sensitive Files

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    outboxed
    Participant

Hi there.

We’ve been using QuForm for years now, and very happy with the product.

We’ve recently been requested to create a website where people will be able to upload their verification documentation (ID, Proof of residence, etc) to a website via a simple form. Of course, we immediately purchased another QuForm licence.

Thing is, as these documents are really rather sensitive, we don’t want fraudsters to be able to guess the filenames all too easily.

As an example, when you upload a file via the form, it saves the file in this format:

https://outbox.co.za/wp-content/uploads/quform/4/2022/02/OUTBOXED_Pricelist.pdf

Is there a way for the filename to be change upon upload, so it’s something like random text being added:

https://outbox.co.za/wp-content/uploads/quform/4/2022/02/OUTBOXED_Pricelistzg2SlT-l98_ylG7TXlLg14VgT.pdf

I know this hardly counts as encryption (what would be the correct terminology for the above anyway?)

Is there any setting, suggestion or plugin that could help secure the uploaded files?

Kind regards.
    JC from Outboxed.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by outboxed.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by outboxed.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

outboxed
    Participant

Thank you very much for this! It worked like a charm.

If I want to add multiple field IDs, do I just add it like the below, or do I need to repeat the entire code block every time, each with their unique field ID?

add_filter('quform_upload_filename_4_25', 'quform_upload_filename_4_27', function ($filename)

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

outboxed
    Participant

Thank you, you’re the best!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy