Files not uploading to server

Home Forums Quform WordPress Files not uploading to server

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    nickharambee
    Participant

I am trying to set up file uploading via a form for the first time and it is not working. I have selected the option to upload to the server, and set the file types that are allowed. I can select a file using the form and the form submits successfully, but nothing is added to the WP uploads folder. I have set it to upload all files to a directory called ‘expenses’, so I have just entered ‘expenses/’ for the setting for ‘Path to save uploaded files’.

I have also set the form to save the ‘Upload File’ data to the database. I am not sure what this is supposed to save (I am hoping that it will be the path to the file that has been uploaded), but nothing is entered for this column in the MySQL table. All other columns are populated correctly.

I have made sure that the permissions of the uploads folder is correct, and now am not sure about what to try next. I would be glad of some help to get this working.

Thanks,

Nick

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

nickharambee
    Participant

Thanks for your prompt response Ally. Disabling the flash uploader fixed the issue. Should I just keep it disabled, or is there something I can do to get it working?

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

nickharambee
    Participant

Thanks. It looks like the ‘replace’ code from above is what I already have (I am using version 1.3.5).

I am happy not to use the flash uploader for now – there doesn’t seem to be any particular advantage to doing so.

TrentDrake
    Participant

Thank you.

This solved the same problem for me too.

nadworks
    Participant

Not for me. I am unable to get this to work – with or without the flash uploader enabled.

Is there a more detailed description/documentation? I.e. maybe I am making a mistake with the path, which I currently have as /client_assets/{form_id}/{year}{month}{day}/

Bit frustrated.

nadworks
    Participant

Shot too soon. It works without the flash uploader. However the functionality of seeing progress bars for the uploading files and the option to remove files once selected for upload is actually really useful and I’d prefer to have it available.

Is there a solution for making the Flash uploader work after all?
    Thanks.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 7 months ago by nadworks.
    Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy