GDPR / DSGVO and quform cookie consent

Home Forums Quform WordPress GDPR / DSGVO and quform cookie consent

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Adrian300
    Participant

Hello again,

having quform active in a wordpress site it will set the quform_session_…. cookie on homepage.

According to newer law user should accept cookies before being set. It does not matter whether there is any personal information in it or not.
    Why is the cookie set on homepage although there is no form-element? Can I remove this from homepage?
    Cookie should just used on pages with form …
    We use AVADA THEME. Is there any GDPR -way to use QUform?

Thank you!
    regards

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by Adrian300.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Adrian300
    Participant

Hello Ally,

I m no lawyer, too. No previously made consent should be o.k. for “necessary” cookies which are an advantage for the user. So is the QUFORM cookie absolutely “necessary” and an advantage for the user? and No ip-storage and no personal data stored in the settings of course…

I would have a better feeling if I just had it on the form-page not on the homepage.

Thank you !!!
    regards
    Adrian

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

VERESdesign
    Participant

Hi!
    i have the same problem.
    We have hired a privacy firm to audit our website and they find fault with the fact that the session cookie for quform is already loaded before consent, which is not allowed to be according to GPDR.

How can I set it so that the cookie is not loaded until there is a form on the page. The above script does not work for us.

Thank you for your help

Ally
    Support Staff

zittis
    Participant

Any news on this?

I agree with you that QUForm cookie is a functional cookie but the same applies for WordPress Cookies. The cookie should not be loaded before consent. Adding codes for every form is very complicated and easy-to-forget!

Ally
    Support Staff

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    1k0n
    Participant

Hi to all and hi Ally,
    Can you or somebody else please tell me if the cookies can be disabled completely. Is it really necessary for the form to be used. In the privacy policy I mentioned that data is collected when the form is used.
    I don’t really want to activate a cookie banner on the website. Thanks in advance for an answer and support, you would already help me further. Best regards,
    1k0n

Ally
    Support Staff

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    1k0n
    Participant

Hi Ally,
    Sorry for my late respond.
    I had some problems in my private life.

Thank you very much for the solution.

I wish you a good time.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy