Getting an ARRAY of user Meta info and iphorm_element_value_?

Home Forums Quform WordPress Getting an ARRAY of user Meta info and iphorm_element_value_?

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Joe Dostie
    Participant

Hello Support,

I have a two part question, I was hoping to get a hand with a function I am trying to build.

My goal is as follows:

I am using Quform to collect form info and put that info into the wp_usermeta table.
    I have all the data flowing in with no problem and populating properly.

My goal is to retrieve the data and set default values for the Quform when a registered user is logged in (I will prepopulate the form with some values pulled from the meta table).

So far I have most of the data populating and I am able to grab all the info but not exactly like I need to.

This is the code that is running and almost working

function get_meta()
    global $array_of_data;

$array_of_fields = array //Set the fields to retreive
    (
    'addr2',
    'city',
    'thestate'
    );

if (is_user_logged_in()) //See if user is logged in
    {
    global $current_user;
    get_currentuserinfo();
    $user_id = $current_user->ID; //Get the user ID
    }

{
    $array_of_data = array();
    foreach ( $array_of_fields as $each_field ) //set each field to parse through

{
    $array_of_data[ $field ] = get_user_meta( $user_id, $each_field, true ); //parse each field above for user
    foreach ( $array_of_data as $each_field => $val ) //get each field above for user

echo 'Each Field = ' . $each_field. ' and Each Value = '.$val.'<br />'; // <- This is the problem area
    }

}
    add_filter('iphorm_element_value_'.$each_field'.', 'get_meta');

The $val (meta information) shows up with no problem, but I can not seem to associate each field (meta_key) I want with its value

The reason I am do it this way (and here is the second part of the question) is because I want use the hook
    iphorm_element_value_$each_field. The second question is can you use the hook like that?

I will continue to work on this but if you have any insight to either question I would be grateful.

The reason behind this code is related to https://support.themecatcher.net/forums/topic/adding-wp-user-name-and-user-last-name-to-the-database#post-3903

What I am trying to NOT do is write a function for each element on the form (I have 75).

Kind Regards,
    Joe

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Joe Dostie
    Participant

I cant thank you enough again Ally!

Your support and code are simply outstanding.

For some reason I am having the toughest time getting my head around these arrays but your code is definitely helping to clarify!

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy