How do I set receipients email when submit a form?

Home Forums Quform WordPress How do I set receipients email when submit a form?

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    devTruong
    Participant

I want to interrupt the submit event then set the receipients email using php code, how can I do it?

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

devTruong
    Participant

I mean I want to change the email address, form would send to not the email box value on the form, base on a value on the form. I don’t see that option in the hook.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

devTruong
    Participant

Maybe I am not giving you enough details. Here is my situation:

I have a dropdown on the form. The recipients in the form’s setting is abc@abc.com. Now I want to change the recipients in the form’s setting base on dropdown’s value I choose.

Ex: if dropdown value A then I want the recipient in form’s setting is bcd@bcd.com
    if dropdown value B then I want the recipient in form’s setting is cde@cde.com

Does the code above work?

Ally
    Support Staff

devTruong
    Participant

I have like 50 values in dropdown and maybe 50+ forms in my organization. My supervisor wants to be easier for long run. It is a pain if we do this manually for single form. I just posted two ideas on forum. For now, I just want to know any solution for my case? So I could set the form’s setting recipient base on dropdown value each time form submitted by using php code for all.

Ally
    Support Staff

devTruong
    Participant

iphorm_pre_send_notification_email this is predefined hook, isn’t it? So I don’t need to change it ? Do I have to do anything with AJAX or just add that filter then I am done?

devTruong
    Participant

function test_recipients($mailer, $form, $attachments) {
    $email = array();
    if ($form->getId(‘iphorm_14_1’) == ‘NAP’) array_push($email,’abc@yahoo.com’);
    if ($form->getId(‘iphorm_14_3’) == ‘NAO’) array_push($email,’cde@yahoo.com’);
    $mailer->ClearAddresses();
    $mailer->AddAddress($email);
    return $mailer;

}
    add_filter(‘iphorm_pre_send_notification_email_14′,’test_recipients’,10,3);

This gives me an error when trying to submit form. I want to send to both emails. When form is submitted. Am I correct to use array if I want to send to multiple recipients.

Ally
    Support Staff

devTruong
    Participant

function getEmail ($ids) {
    $value = $form->getValue($ids);
    switch ($value) {
    case ‘NAFP’:
    $email = array(‘a@yahoo.com’, ‘b@gmail.com’);
    break;
    case ‘P990’:
    $email = ‘a@dom.com’;
    break;
    }
    return $email;
    }

// This function is use to pick an email base on branch
    function test_recipients($mailer, $form, $attachments) {
    // Get the Dropdown Menu unique ID for each form
    switch ($form->getId()) {
    case 1: $ids = ‘iphorm_1_29’; break;
    case 2: $ids = ‘iphorm_2_1’; break;
    case 3: $ids = array(‘iphorm_4_5′,’iphorm_4_7’); break;
    case 4: $ids = ‘iphorm_7_4’; break;
    case 5: $ids = ‘iphorm_9_4’; break;
    case 6: $ids = ‘iphorm_10_1’; break;
    case 7: $ids = ‘iphorm_13_1’; break;
    case 8: $ids = array(‘iphorm_14_1′,’iphorm_14_3’); break;
    }
    if (!is_array($ids)) { $mailer->addAddress(getEmail ($ids)); }
    else {
    if (isset($ids)) {
    $mailer->clearAddresses();
    foreach($ids as $id) {
    // Set the recipient addresses based on the value
    $emails = getEmail($id);
    if (isset($emails)) {
    if (is_array($emails)) {
    foreach ($emails as $email) {
    $mailer->addAddress($email);
    }
    } else { $mailer->addAddress($emails); }
    }
    }
    }
    }
    return $mailer;
    }
    add_filter(‘iphorm_pre_send_notification_email’,’test_recipients’,10,3);

This give me an error when submitting form randomly? Anything did I missed to get it work for all forms?

Ally
    Support Staff

devTruong
    Participant

Do you have any idea why this thing does not work on my dropdown. I have dropdowns, are build by shortcode, then assign uniqueid of a hidden element on the form to it. Then I use your function with modified uniqueid, but it does not work and give me an error message. Any idea?

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy