how to make line take rule from a list

Home Forums Quform WordPress how to make line take rule from a list

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sa4351ad
    Participant

Hi there ,
    I want to make a survey and I made a form, and the first line is to but the ID number ..
    but
    my issue is : I dont want any one out of my group to do the survey ,, i have a list of the IDs that I want theme to make the survey ,, so if any one but his id and the id not from the list , automatically hide the send button and dont let him to do the survey

the survey will be in private page but I fried some one elase send it to other , so that I want to do this

support

Hi,

How are you ID’s built ? You could use a validator on the ID’s field and mark this field as required so that they need a valid ID to send the form. In that case, you could use a different Regex for valid ID and invalid ID, or different lenght, or anything else in the validator section.

Regards,

Félix

sa4351ad
    Participant

Not just IDs , may i wAnt to use a code , for example , i want to send sms with the survey link to list , and i will generate a code for each one , if any one lose his code he cant pist

support

Hi,

When generating the code, use a different format for the valid an non-valid ones so you can easily use a validator on the field.

Example:
    -All the valid code contains 8 digits
    -Invalid code contains 5 digits

You apply a validator to the field saying that it needs to contain 8 digit to be valid (but the error must just say that it’s a wrong code). Than, you say that this field is required to send the form.

I suggest you use a validator more sophisticated (Regex) so people can find out.

If you don’t want to use this, you can always write a little javascript for confirming that the value is equal to one of the ID’s in your list but you’ll always have to update the list.

Regards.

Félix

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy