I don´t received the confirmation in my email

Home Forums Quform WordPress I don´t received the confirmation in my email

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    roxana
    Participant

Why i don´t received the confirmation email in my setting email ???

DavidRomano
    Participant

Hi, I’m not sure that I have an identical problem but it looks like it.

We are using Quform on a number of sites and we have noticed over the last 8 weeks that an increasing number of responses via Quform are failing to make it to the specified e-mail accounts.

What we know “for certain”:

1. The form seems to always write away the content to the database table.

2. As far as we can tell the auto response e-mail always gets to the person who completed the form.

3. An increasing number of entries in the database table have failed to create an e-mail to the specified account (26% failed this month (March 2014) and 66% have failed in the first 7 days of April 2014).

We are targeting the SMTP IP address specified by our ISP as the mail engine and have only one e-mail address to send to.

We are in the process of auditing the database against e-mail from earlier periods but at the moment all the evidence points to this as being a recent problem which is rapidly getting worse – early March was better than later March.

I have worked through all the steps you recommend to fix “Not receiving notification e-mail” and have had our ISP confirm that we are compliant with their mail engine.

The mystery is that the problem seems to be intermittent with some cases generating and others not from the same form and configuration.

Has anyone else experienced this and have they any suggestion of how to diagnose the problem?

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

DavidRomano
    Participant

Hi Ally,

Thanks for this.

I have spoken with our ISP support people and it turned out that they have a spam filter that may have been catching and blocking some of the e-mail from Quform to the destination address.

They whitelisted the site yesterday and it worked fine during testing but this morning we detected another failure.

Can you give me some further guidance on debugging because I guess we have two dimensions to try:

– I can set debugging mode as you suggest but as the problems seems random it may take time as the form submission seems random or at least is driven by a set of circumstances we don’t yet understand.

– I could try and set a different SMTP so the mail targets one of the other SMTP servers we use with other ISPs. Would this work or does Quform need to use an SMTP within the same server?

As far as we can see there are no occasions that a form completion event has failed to create a database record.

We also know of cases where though Quform has been unable to mail the form content to us it has succeeded is sending the auto-response e-mail to the person completing the form online.

Best regards, David

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

DavidRomano
    Participant

Hi Ally,, thanks in part to the insight you gave me we have been able to trace the problem to the anti-spam settings on the ISP’s mail server. The date at which the problem began was the date at which the ISP modified their spam-settings and by modifying the settings we have run for a number of days without a single lost e-mail.

Very many thanks for your advice and suggestions which were invaluable in helping us resolve the problem.

Best rgds, David

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy