I want to move the vertical position of the tooltip balloon.

Home Forums Quform WordPress I want to move the vertical position of the tooltip balloon.

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    choboIsBeginner
    Participant

Hello Ally! Because Quform and you are great, I did it, and visitors of my site are increased steadily. But still I have some problem. So I write them to ask, with the help of Google Translator. My sentence can still be a bit strange. Please understand.

One line summary: I want to change vertical position of tooltip balloons. Tooltip button and its vertical position is created/determined dynamically, so it is hard for me T_T

/* ====================================================================== */

I wanted to change the size and position of the tooltip balloon, the size of the text inside the tooltip balloon, etc. Because you told me how to change, I did most of it well.

But there was something impossible. I want to move the tooltip position 70px up, as in the picture below attached, but I couldn’t do it.

In my situation, I can statically decide the horizontal position and width of the tooltip, and the vertical length is automatically determined by the number and size of letters. I have no complaints.

However, the vertical position of the tooltip is determined dynamically, and in my situation, I have to add -70px to the “dynamically determined vertical position” of the tooltip. I haven’t found a way to do this in pure css. And I haven’t found a way to get the qtip element directly in js. So I thought about using a web worker to move the location as soon as the tooltip is created, but it doesn’t seem to be the proper way.

Of course, there is a way I can. After deleting all existing tooltips, I can create my own tooltips using various methods located here (http://qtip2.com/options). But it gets too much work 🙁

It would be best if I could get the current tooltip balloons as the form of elements that are already set to be dynamically generated from js, and apply css like shown below.

$(‘. qtip’).css(“top”, qtipPos.top – 70);

Even if it isn’t, I want to ask you about a shortest/easiest/simplest way to adjust the vertical position of tooltips that are already set to be created dynamically.

Quform is only one WordPress form plugin, and I don’t know what is ninja food 😉
    Regards.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

choboIsBeginner
    Participant

You gave me a different usage of qtip2’s documentation example. It works well. I will use it thankfully. 😀

And that code works pixel-based. Is there any way to work with vw, vh, vmin etc.? It is somewhat satisfactory for pixel-based now, but it would be nice if other units could be used.

I searched for qtip2’s documentation on this, but couldn’t find it. I have to be a self-learning person, but I feel some shame 🙁 I want to know how to use units other than px, too, please.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

choboIsBeginner
    Participant

Thanks to you, I was able to do well. Now the project is almost complete. I need to prepare for the next project. I will be using Quform in that project too.

Thank you again 🙂

Regards

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy