Lengthy conditional form not visible and upload button not visible too

Home Forums Quform WordPress Lengthy conditional form not visible and upload button not visible too

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    web
    Participant

I’ve made a lengthy and conditional form that we importanltly need. Spend three days building it, but sadly at the end it’s not working. Please help URGENTLY!
    Issue:
    Form functions well in preview mode after building. However, when I add the shortcode to the page where I want the form to show it becomes invisible. The page is blank, but lengthy, it seems like it knows that there is a form, but it is not showing it.

I’ve tried this solution:
    —-
    Form not visible on page

Problem #2 – form is not visible
    This problem usually happens with large forms, the size of the form is exceeding the limit of your theme’s [raw] function. To increase this limit, add the following code to your wp-config.php file.

// Increase PCRE backtrack limit
    @ini_set(‘pcre.backtrack_limit’, 1000000);

I added this code randomly in the named file. I also tried to increase the number by adding a new zero, but it didn’t work.

By the way, I created a new simple form to see if it works. It shows on page, but uploading files’ button doesn’t show. just thought I’ll mention this as it may be related. I also need uploading files function to work too.

I opened the page where the form is and viewed javascript console in Google Chrome it shows the following:
    Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <
    Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token <
    Uncaught TypeError: Cannot call method ‘addDatepicker’ of null

For your info

WP version is WordPress 3.6.1
    My theme name and version is Magazon 2.4

Please help me solve this as soon as possible as I use my website for online applications.
    Thanks!

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

web
    Participant

Hi Ally,

Thank you for your help so far πŸ™‚

Initially the form didn’t show at all. but now the form and upload button are shown if the code is written like this with “pre”

“pre”[iphorm id=”1″ name=”AppForm”]”/pre”

If I remove the “pre” the form becomes invisible again

HOWEVER, the new problem now is that there are huge spaces between elements which makes the form so ugly and dfficult to understand, connect and fill up.

By the way, I’ve tried to do

——
    Solution #4 – find and remove the problem code in your theme

Your theme possibly has the code shown below somewhere, a good place to start looking is the theme functions.php file, then any shortcode related file, find this code and remove it.

remove_filter( ‘the_content’, ‘wpautop’ );

add_filter( ‘the_content’, ‘wpautop’ , 99 );

add_filter( ‘the_content’, ‘shortcode_unautop’, 100 );

——

But, I couldn’t find those lines in wp-include folder, and couldn’t actually locate the right functions.php file

Here is a link to the form’s page (sent to email)

In short, the form is working now, but there is huge unwanted spaces between elements.

Please help me solve this πŸ™‚

Thanks

• This reply was modified 10 years, 6 months ago by web.
    web
    Participant

This didn’t work either
    Solution #1 – [raw] [/raw] tags
    Some themes have a workaround, wrap the form shortcode in [raw] [/raw] tags. For example:

[raw][iphorm id=1 name=”Contact form”][/raw]
    πŸ™

web
    Participant

Can support or someone help please?
    I need to solve this urgently to start making use of this form.

web
    Participant

Guys please I need help with this to start using the form! πŸ™ πŸ™ πŸ™

Let me know if you need more information…?

Thanks

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. Β© 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy