Links not working

Home Forums Storm WordPress Links not working

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    tommy72060
    Participant

Hi, I created a simple test ITEM as a LINK. I allowed it to link to Yahoo and used a simple photo as it’s featured image. I also assigned it a category (“LINKS_to_Ports”). However, when I make a page that shows it’s specific category “Links_to_Ports” it is there but does not show it’s featured image, and there is no linking functionality.

The ITEM (“Yahoo link”) is here:
    http://tommyofetish.com/portfolio/test/

And the PAGE where it will show up is here:
    http://tommyofetish.com/portfolio-2/

You will also see that none of the ITEMS (which are all LINKS) are working on that PORTFOLIO page. Any ideas?

Thanks!,
    Thomas

p.s. some of the other ITEMS you will see on that PORTFOLIO page I imported from my original site: thomasobrienphotography.com and they are working fine over there – but not on this site. I have been trying to update this new site before closing out the other but can’t seem to get the same functionality in it.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

tommy72060
    Participant

Hi Ally, I’m sorry if I caused any confusion. I only used “yahoo” as an example. I’m not attempting to do anything special or “custom” on the site.

The odd thing is that making an ITEM and choosing the option for it to be a link in the *standard way* is actually not functioning even though I choose “link” and add the http address properly… and the ITEM will also not show the Feature Image even though I have uploaded it to that specific ITEM.

If you like; I welcome you to create an ITEM as a link, set the links category to “Links_to_Ports” and try.. perhaps it will work for you.

When I try it on my old page it’s still working properly.. but just not this new one. . and I can’t figure out why.

Thx again,
    Thomas

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Ally
    Support Staff

tommy72060
    Participant

Hi Ally.. thank you. If you pop back in there you will see that I tried to make a new Item entitled “Olivia Black.” A Featured Image has been added to that Item and “Links_to_Ports” has been chosen as it’s category.

However, when going back to Portfolio to view it, you will see that once again the name Olivia Black is there but there is no image and the link doesn’t work.

If you could please let me know what I’m doing wrong.. because it seems that each time I do it the same result happens, but I’ve checked all my settings and there doesn’t seem to be anything that would make this be non-functioning.

Thank you!
    Thomas

Ally
    Support Staff

tommy72060
    Participant

Hi, could you have a look at http://www.tommyofetish.com. I have the Storm theme running and many of the opening slideshow images are not showing up.. (just a little broken icon in the top left corner)..

thx!
    Thomas

Ally
    Support Staff

tommy72060
    Participant

Hi, thx.. I’m using Firefox..
    I just went back and now they’re all working for me. I thought it might be something from the WP update but
    maybe just a temporary site issue??

One other thing while you’re there.. if you see the folder “Violent Kitty,” the last picture in the “mosaic” is cut off and there’s nothing I seem to be able to do to make that stop.
    Any ideas?

thx!
    Thomas

Ally
    Support Staff

tommy72060
    Participant

Hi, sorry for not being clear. The last image all the way at the bottom is clipped on the right side. If you click on it you will see the full width of the image (tho smaller), but in the mosaic gallery page it has it’s right side clipped off for some reason.

thx

Ally
    Support Staff

tommy72060
    Participant

Thx.. Dunno how that got in there.. I wouldn’t know how to put it there. Weird.
    Should I try to take it out or can you? -thx

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy