Misc Styling

Home Forums Quform WordPress Misc Styling

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    kktspine
    Participant

Hi,
    I just purchased the QUFORM plugin and when trying to customize it, was facing some issues. If you can please help me out with what code to add where it would be really helpful.

– How can I reduce the height of the paragraph element text area?
    – Drop down menu’s don’t open up on desktop, and on mobile after clicking it a couple of times, it opens up, but after choosing an option, it does not appear again.
    – How can I resize an element’s label title?
    -How can I center the form’s title?
    -How can I recolor the placeholder text?
    -How can I center the submit button?
    – How can I change the background and text size of the submit button.

Sorry for so many questions.. If there is any place where it will show me all the code I need please direct me to it. If not, please help me solve these issue.

I have tried adding different code under the css styles, like height=””, and font size=””, etc.. but it is not making any difference

My site is dsxtc.com/kkt. You can see what problems I am having with the drop down menu there.

Thanks

support

Hi,

How have you applied the css ? There’s a lot of way to do it and I will guide you to 3 of them:

1) Add your custom css in your theme’s custom css (if possible), using the good selector for your different elements. The reference is the Method 1 here. All your different selectors can be find in the advanced settings of an element.

2) You can add an html element to the form (select it from the “More” section) and apply your style into it, using the good selector for your different elements. The reference is the Method 2 here. All your different selectors can be find in the advanced settings of an element.

3) Style the element directly in the Settings > Advanced of each elements applying the css. You can see an example here for styling an element.

Maybe your styling was interfering with the dropdown menu. We will fix this first and then dropdown. Don’t be shy if you need help with custom css.

Regards,

Félix

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by support.
    kktspine
    Participant

I am trying to do it in the Advanced settings of the Global CSS Styles, but still nothing is making any difference.
    For Example, under Element Label, I added font size=”8″
    Under Form Title, I added style=”text-align:center;”
    Under Paragraph text element, I added height=”50 px”

But nothing is having any effect. Am I adding the wrong codes? If so, please tell me what are the correct ones for these and for the items I mentioned in the first post.
    Thanks

support

Hi,

Don’t forget that the Global CSS Styles applies to all the fields of the same type in one form. To use this, choose your element, click on the “+ CSS” and add the css in that writing form:

text-align:center;

For example, if you want to reduce the height of the paragraph element text, you can add :

height: 50px;

To change the text size : font-size: 8px;
    To change alignment (centering) : text-align: center;
    To change the text color (in this case to red) : color: red;

You have to apply these to the right element.

I suggest you use each element’s advanced settings instead of using Global Styling. You can choose on which part of the element you want to apply styling. Let’s say you want to change the text color of your textarea placeholder, you could add this css color: red; to the textarea input.

Hope this helps,
    Regards,

Félix

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

kktspine
    Participant

Hi, Thanks for all the help. Was able to fix a lot of things. Just a couple more things I needed some help with:

1. I unchecked the “Use Uniform” box. The menu is opening now, but it is looking completely different now and is going down an extra line, as you can see on the website (dsxtc.com/kkt). the height of the drop down menu became much larger also. I made it smaller, but the arrow on the right stayed just as large

2. I would like to add a white background behind each line of the form as is done here: https://www.laserspineinstitute.com/ . Please instruct how to do this.

3. I want to center the submit button. I tried entering some custom css, but I think I’m doing something wrong. It doesn’t want to budge.

4. I want to change the background color of the submit button, as well as increase the padding to all sides of the text in the submit button.

support

Hi,

1) It’s conflicting with your theme’s css. Try to add .selection-box:after {height: 28px; border-bottom: solid 1px #CCC;} to your custom css.

2) Apply this style to your custom css:

.iphorm_1_1-element-spacer{
        background-color: white;
        box-shadow: 0 2px 2px -2px rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.5);
        padding: 10px;
        margin-bottom: 10px;
        border: solid 1px rgba(50, 50, 50, 0.5);
        }

And this style to your custom css :

.iphorm-element-text .iphorm_1_1 {
    background-color: rgb(241, 249, 255);
    border: 1px solid rgb(199, 199, 199);
    }

3) In Settings – Style – Global Styling – Add a style – Add Submit button inner wrapper. Add the CSS:

float: none;
    margin: 0 auto;

4) Add this CSS to the submit button inside em (you’ll probably need to add the background-color to the span too) :
    background-color : red;
    padding: 20px;

It will add 20px padding on all sides of the text. Let me know if you need more.

Regards,

Félix

kktspine
    Participant

Hi thanks for the reply..
    some of the css worked, and some didn’t..

1. The drop down menu issue still remains after adding the custom css
    2. I added the
    but the submit button still is not centered
    3. The padding is working. Thanks!
    4. The border around the element worked, but only for the first text element.. how can I get it to the rest as well?

Thanks again and sorry for the trouble..

support

Hi,

1) How did you create your custom css ? The stylesheets is applied before your theme’s css, so your theme’s css override it. You can add an html element to the form and add the style inside <style> tags, it will fix the dropdown (see here

2) In Settings – Style – Global Styling – Add a style – Add Submit button . Add the CSS:

display: block;

It will apply CSS directly to submit button

4) Instead of this :

.iphorm_1_1-element-spacer{
    padding: 10px;
    }

Put this:

.iphorm-element-wrap-text .iphorm-element-spacer{
    padding: 6px 10px 6px 10px;
    }

This will aply styling to the first 4 fields. If you want to apply it to everything, remove the .iphorm-element-wrap-text

Regards,

Félix

kktspine
    Participant

Hi,
    Thanks all the issues have been resolved except the drop down menu… I added the html the way you recommended, and it only fixed the size of the arrow on the drop down menu..it is still showing on the second line. When I select the box of “Use Uniform” (Form Builder – Settings – Style – Uniform, and tick “Use Uniform”.) , it shows on the same line, but it does not open, and if I untick it, the menu opens, but it shows on the second line.. I currently have it ticked, so it is showing fine on the same line, but does not open.
    Please help.
    Thanks

support

Hi,

It’s conflicting with theme’s css. You can see it it works when you comment out the css applied to the .selection-box in your theme’s css.

.selection-box { position:relative; clear:both; }
    .selection-box:before, .selection-box:after { content:""; pointer-events:none; position:absolute; }
    .selection-box:before { z-index:1; right:17px; top:5px; bottom:0px; height:0px; margin:auto; border-left:7px solid transparent; border-right:7px solid transparent; border-top:7px solid; }
    .selection-box:after { width:48px; height:48px; right:0px; top:1px; border-left:1px solid; border-right:1px solid; }
    .selection-box select { margin-top:0px; }

You could just comment out this styling. You can then remove the css I told you to add for the selector and it will work. Remember to use a child theme if modifying the theme.

Hope this helps !

Félix

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy