Modifying user validation code from suggestions for forms

Home Forums Quform WordPress Modifying user validation code from suggestions for forms

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    fohlhorst
    Participant

As per the guide on this site, I have added the following code to my functions.php to validate if a user is logged in before allowing them to fill out a form:

function my_members_only_shortcode($atts, $content = null) { if (is_user_logged_in()) { $content = do_shortcode($content); } else { $content = ‘This content is for members only, please log in or register first.’; }

return $content;
    } add_shortcode(‘members_only’, ‘my_members_only_shortcode’);****

the above code has enabled me to use:

[members_only][iphorm id=”1″ name=”Example form”][/members_only]

on my posts to prevent users from accessing forms if they are not logged in

However I would like the [Members_only] function / short code to either display a clickable hyperlink to the wp-login.php page, so a user can login and register with ease at that point in time –

or, if there was a way for the [members_only] function to automatically place a widget in the “not logged in” area under the not logged in message – I would want that to be the social medial login widget, which I can call up in a post by using a short code created by a plugin – [do_widget “Social Login”] (thanks to the AMR Shortcode any widget plugin)

I am no coder – but, I would think it should be easy to nest a function within a function to make it work that way or at the very least, turn the Content$ information into a hyperlink –

Thanks in advance for any help!

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

fohlhorst
    Participant

Yes – consider this thread closed

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy