Multi Page Form with Additional Page Data Appeneded

Home Forums Quform WordPress Multi Page Form with Additional Page Data Appeneded

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    MediaServices
    Participant

I have no URL for this yet.

I’ve been asked to build a 2-step form with data from the second step being appended to data from the first step – if entered.

In the first step required data is entered (for example, Name and Email Address). The user clicks a NEXT button and is presented with step 2 (for example, Phone Number) asking for optional information.

Some people will fill out the information in step 1, click NEXT and leave the optional information in step 2 blank and then click SUBMIT. Some people will fill out the information in step 1, click NEXT and enter the optional information in step 2 then click SUBMIT. But some people will fill out the information in step 1, click NEXT and see the optional information in step 2 and close their browser or navigate away from the page without clicking SUBMIT.

We’d like to have the information from step 1 entered into the database when the NEXT button is clicked, and then have any information that’s entered in step 2 appended to the data from step 1 if the user clicks SUBMIT. So if a visitor does the 1st step only, and clicks NEXT we have only the Name and Email Address even if they have not clicked SUBMIT. But after clicking NEXT if they enter their optional Phone Number we want that data appended in the database so we have their Name, Email Address and Phone Number.

How could I do this in Quform v2?

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Venom
    Participant

Hi Ally,

I would like to have some example code for this.

Regards,

Venom

MediaServices
    Participant

Venom would like example code but I’ve had more feature requests and re-assigned the project internally to a designer who has recommended another plugin that handles form abandonment.

Best wishes and thanks for your time.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Ally
    Support Staff

Venom
    Participant

Thank you for your great code sample.

I am still reviewing the source code of Quform 2.0. It has many new features and the design pattern is based on DI. It will be great if you have more reference samples for using Quform 2.0 in advance topic guide.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy