Need Selected Option (not Value) returned in email

Home Forums Quform PHP Need Selected Option (not Value) returned in email

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bb3
    Participant

Hi,
    I have something like this example in my form, which also has a calculator to output the total price according to a quantity chosen by customer.
    <select name=”ball” onChange=”calculatePrice()” id=”ballType”>
    <option value=”3.00″>Blue ball</option>
    <option value=”2.50″>Red Ball</option>
    <option value=”5.00″>Rainbow Ball</option>
    <option value=”1.50″>Green Ball</option>
    </select>
    The email sent by the form returns values to me, but instead, I want to get the product description the customer has chosen. So, I want the selected option to arrive in the email message, instead of the value. Is this possible?

Thanks to anyone who can help

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

bb3
    Participant

Thanks again!
    This kind of solution you suggest occurred to me, but I didn’t know how to implement it.
    It’s tough going with a form like this when I only know html and css, but not javascript or php.
    It was a fluke getting the calculator to work in the first place. Was afraid to mess with it, but will try this anyway.

Didn’t realise only the value is sent …
    Read somewhere … that if no value is present, the selected text is taken as the value? Is that true?
    Appreciated!
    bb

bb3
    Participant

I tried your javascript and it worked fine. Never saw code like it before – could be genius for all I know – it works and that’s all that matters. I’m happy 🙂
    Had to do a similar workaround with the quantity values. Total price = selected product x selected quantity, but individual product price went down as quantity went up. It would have been nice to do the calculation with percentages but that was beyond my capabilities, so a much more ‘inelegant’ workaround was called for.
    I’ll be keeping this one for future reference.
    Many thanks
    bb

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy