Need to pull up a fields name not value and include it into a HTML header.

Home Forums Quform WordPress Need to pull up a fields name not value and include it into a HTML header.

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    GOMLP
    Participant

Hi Ally,

Happy Tuesday and I hope all is well. You’ve been of great assistance in helping with pulling field values to incorporate in a customized HTML header and once again I have another issue that I hope you can shine some light on.

This may be complicated to explain but I will give it a try. I have included two screenshots of my form to assist

Screenshot – Form Step2:

On this form you will see four (4) select menus “Preferred Units” (14_72), “Label Shape” (14_73) and “Stock or Custom Option” (14_90). All three of these fields contain their selection and values set under the interface attributes under the Basic tab.

The forth menu “Stock Label Sizes” (14_91) is set dynamically and changes through the usage of JavaScript code depending on the “Preferred Units” and “Label Shape”. This field also has a Conditional Logic to show or hide depending if the customer selects “Stock Size” (show) or “Custom Size” (Hide). I have the code working good to pull the different sizes based on the “units of measurements” and the “Shape selected”.

When the user selects a “Stock Label Shape” I want to pull their selection, NAME not VALUE from my code to display it in the header of the Form’s Step3.

Below is a snippet of the code used to generate the different available measurements for “Stock Label Sizes” (14_91):

jQuery(function ($) {
    var $select1 = $(‘.quform-field-14_72’),
    $select2 = $(‘.quform-field-14_73’),
    $select3 = $(‘.quform-field-14_91’);

var data = {
    ‘Metric:Square’: [
    { text: ‘9.525mm X 9.525mm — Radius: 1.6002mm’, value: ‘SM1001’ },
    { text: ‘16.764mm X 16.764mm — Radius: 3.556mm’, value: ‘SM1002’ },
    { text: ‘19.99996mm X 19.99996mm — Radius: 0.79375mm’, value: ‘SM1003’ },
    { text: ‘31.75mm X 31.75mm — Radius: 3.175mm’, value: ‘SM1004’ },
    { text: ‘38.1mm X 38.1mm — Radius: 0.79375mm’, value: ‘SM1005’ } ………….. cont…

I am declaring the field “Stock Label Sizes” (14_91) in the Custom JavaScript with:

jQuery(function ($) {
    $(‘.quform-field-14_91’).blur(function () {
    $(‘.stocksize-value’).text($(this).val());
    });
    });

In my HTML header on Step3 I am using the code:

<span class=”stocksize-value”></span>

However it isn’t pulling the information and ideally I want it to pull the text with the dimensions and not the value which is our internal code.

Any suggestions would be great.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    GOMLP
    Participant

Ally,

I just noticed this on the forums (see attached screenshot)…. Would and could I achieve this if I did some reverse engineering with my “Stock Label Sizes” select menu with a hidden field and then called the hidden field to display the selected dimensions in an HTML header? or is there a simpler way?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

GOMLP
    Participant

This worked perfectly, once again Ally I thank you very much.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy