Newbie issues

Home Forums Quform PHP Newbie issues

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    DaleR
    Participant

I created my form using the provided templates. It displays as expected when published to the web.

In the form, I created various custom element labels and made the corresponding additions to the process.php file under Form Element Configuration as per instructions. I also removed any elements from the process.php file that are not being used in my form.

When I browse to the form on the web, fill it out, then click on submit the form does not process and I get popup notifications:

“www.xxx.com says

Element ‘text_input’ does not exist in the HTML but failed validation, you must either add the HTML for this element into the form or remove the element configuration from the process file.

Element ‘uploads[]’ does not exist in the HTML but failed validation, you must either add the HTML for this element into the form or remove the element configuration from the process file.”

I do not have any elements named text_input or uploads[] in the Elements Configuration Section of process.php. So I don’t know why I am getting these messages. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

DaleR

PS. I did not want to paste or upload all of my form code here, as it contains some info not good for public consumption. I am happy to send code for form and process.php to you via email if that would help. Thanks.

DaleR
    Participant

I need to amend the list of error messages. Literally, every element you have shows up in the error messages. They were stacked on top of one another and were not visible. Clicking OK on the pop-up revealed the next, and the next. Clicking off of the page makes them disappear, so typing them all here was kind of difficult.

The errors were literally for all of the various inputs in your samples:

text_input
    text_input2 through text input”x”,. radio button, file upload, etc.

Basically all of them.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

DaleR
    Participant

Thank you, Ally. You are right. I will be changing that form action to process.php. I will do that later and run the form to check. I hope that will be the last mistake I find.

I appreciate your help very much.

DaleR

DaleR
    Participant

Hi Ally,

I haven’t been able to spend too much time with this the past few days. I did change the my form action to “process.php”, and to my surprise, the form generated that same list of errors. So is the form is still being processed by “process-all-elements.php” in spite of the change? I went and deleted all of the stock elements in “process-all-elements.php” and copied/pasted my custom elements from “process.php” into that file. I did not change any of the other parameters in “process-all-elements.php” like those telling where to send reports, email info, etc. I tested the form that way and I did not get the same stack of errors so I believe I am on the right track. I did not get any errors. The form did not do anything at all. Hopefully, that means I have it right now. I hope so.

My next thing will be to enter that email data, creating recipients for the form data and the smtp configuration I use. Hopefully, it will work now and do the tasks it is supposed to do upon submission.

DaleR

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy