Open Form in a Popup Using Avada Button

Home Forums Quform WordPress Open Form in a Popup Using Avada Button

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    induspray
    Participant

thanks, this seems to have helped

induspray
    Participant

making very good progress now, next issue:

if I trigger the popup form when I’m at the top of a given webpage, the popup opens, BUT, the topmost portion is chopped off and/or obscured by the Avada header (perhaps the header is displayed above all else?)… this also means that the “X” to close window is not visible… not good

if the form triggered from lower down on a webpage, the popup form is fine and completely visible

SEE attached screenshots (good and bad versions)

Q: how can I have the Quform popup form display always on top, ie., above everything else on the page?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by induspray.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    induspray
    Participant

think I might have figured this out, based on something I found on the web…

I went to: Avada > Options > Custom CSS

there, I added in this CSS code in the box:

.fusion-header-wrapper {
    position: relative;
    z-index: 1000;
    }

and now IT WORKS!.. the entire popup is visible

not sure if this is the best or correct way to accomplish this, but the Quform popup now appears overtop the page header!… is this OK?

• This reply was modified 2 months, 1 week ago by induspray.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

induspray
    Participant

OK, I seem to have my buttons triggering the popup form now… thank you!

QUESTION:
    how can I get the popup form to be triggered by a link *in the Avada menus*?… for example, a menu item in the top main menu

I’ve looked in the Avada “Menus” admin area, and there does not seem to be a provision to do this… I can only create/add a menu item, and link it to a straightforward existing page, but that’s it

how can I link a menu item to a Quform popup form?

please advise & thanks

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

induspray
    Participant

Q1: when I modify the functions.php file, do I do that at the base Avada level, or the Avada-Child level? (I have set up my Avada to use the “child theme” method)

Q2: in the future, when I update the Avada theme and its plugins, will that overwrite the modification I made?

induspray
    Participant

OK, I did this and it seems to work!

note: I added the special code the the Avada *Child* functions.php file (not the regular Avada)

Q3: suddenly, the popup form now displays noticeably WIDER than it used to… it’s a bit too wide

this happens for menu links and also button links

why did this happen, and how can I adjust it?… previously, I had set 800px wide in the code for the popup form

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by induspray.
    Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy