Organize Portfolio Categories

Home Forums Storm WordPress Organize Portfolio Categories

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jsindell
    Participant

I have just purchased Storm and am just getting everything started. So far everything is looking AMAZING! However, I am running into an issue. I have created a portfolio and have followed the instructions provided with my downloads on how to set everything up properly. Everything works fine as far as organizing by categories. Except, the buttons are organized alphabetically. I have looked through all of your help files and articles and can’t find anything on how to manually set the order of these category buttons. (See attached screen capture JPG)

How do I change the order of the category filter buttons? What am I missing? Is there a way to change it from Alphabetical to manual order? Or date? As far as I can see, all I can do is change the order of the images themselves inside the options, but not the order of the buttons.

Please Help!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    jsindell
    Participant

Wow. Ok, disregard this post. I have resolved it myself.

Inside the Portfolio shortcode, I simply changed the order of the tag ID’s. I didn’t know what a tag ID was, so this didn’t mean anything until I read the resolution for the following post – https://support.themecatcher.net/forums/topic/problem-with-gallery

Go to Portfolio -> Categories in WordPress and click “Edit” on the category, in the browser address bar look for the part:

&tag_ID=3

3 is the category ID for January in this case.

Once I found out what the tag IDs were for the category buttons I created, I was able to organize them via the portfolio shortcode in the page as shown in the attached Screenshot.

So, in short… disregard.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy