Password Reset Option

Home Forums Quform WordPress Password Reset Option

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    digitaljoegeorge
    Participant

Hi Ally,

It is me again. Sorry for the frequent posts. I do my very best to first search the forum here and the comments section on your product page to find what I am looking for. I value your time like it is my own.

I noticed I found a couple of other people asking whether there is a way to offer my users a password reset option on the login form. However, their questions were posted either 7 or 5 years ago.

So, currently, I apologize if this question has been answered already somewhere in your forum, but I wanted to confirm if your current quform version has a way to reset passwords.

Thank you again Ally. You are the best and your plugin outperforms ninjaforms, gravity forms, and pretty much all other contact form plugins. This is actually the best investment I have made. I am writing you a stellar review!

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

digitaljoegeorge
    Participant

Hi Ally,

Sorry I am a little lost.

I added the above code as a snippet of code and changed the form ID and unique ID appropriately, but I am not seeing a “Forgot Your Password” link on the login form.

Here is the form I am trying to offer this option at: https://cubitize.com/appsumo/login/

Here is the quform ID for this page: https://prnt.sc/v8ygff
    Here is the unique ID for the email field for this page: https://prnt.sc/v8ygzv

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren’t I supposed to add a HTML element on my form that says “Click here if you want to reset or forgot password” and then when someone clicks that link the code will kick in and take them to the WP reset page?

Ally
    Support Staff

digitaljoegeorge
    Participant

Hi Ally,

If I am hearing you correctly, I first need to create another Quform form which will only have an username/email field.

Then on my login form, I can add an html link called “Click here to reset your password”, which will redirect the user to the new form I just created which has only the username/email field, correct?

The user will then enter their username/email and will get an automated email to reset their password.

If this is the case, my next question is how do I handle the automated email that gets sent to the user with the password reset link? Do I need to configure this on the form which only contains the username/email field or does the provided snippet of code handle this action for me?

Thank you!

Ally
    Support Staff

digitaljoegeorge
    Participant

Awesome. Finally had the chance to test and it works flawlessly. Thanks once more.

Question: I have woocommerce installed, when a user resets password and logins in using the WordPress login page they get redirected to the my-account page of woocommerce.

Is there a way to customize this redirect URL so that the user ends up on a specific page that’s set to private?

This is the URL I want to the visitor to land on if they reset password and login: https://cubitize.com/appsumo/chatbot-instructions. This page is set to private only visible to logged in users.

Ally
    Support Staff

digitaljoegeorge
    Participant

Ally,

What can I say. You are the man. This works to more than perfection. Thank you so much man for really helping me out a ton.

I appreciate the extra out of scope work. 🙂

One more thing. Sorry to ask this.

Is there a way to customize the automatic password reset email that gets sent to the recipient?

Ally
    Support Staff

digitaljoegeorge
    Participant

Aww. I am soo blind. Thank you Ally.

Again, this has been the best investment I have made. Your stellar review is coming in shortly!

Don’t go anywhere. I hope you continue supporting this plugin. It is the best contact form builder thus far without a doubt.

You can close this topic my friend. 🙂

God bless you again!

digitaljoegeorge
    Participant

Real quick.

I wanted to share you the review I left you: https://prnt.sc/vh4z2p

Hope you like it and it helps drive more business to you because you absolutely deserve it man. Trust me when I say this. I live and breathe technology and been around the block and I have never seen such stellar customer service. This is truly a masterpiece.

Keep up the stupendous work! 🙂 🙂

Ally
    Support Staff

digitaljoegeorge
    Participant

Hi Ally,

My pleasure. You deserve it man. I am happy for you and your business. You are a great person. God bless you entirely! 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy