PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'phpmailerException' with message …

Home Forums Quform WordPress PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'phpmailerException' with message …

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    camel79
    Participant

Hi,

I get the message “An error occurred submitting the form” when I submit a form. I’m trying to use Gmail as the SMTP server. I followed the steps you show to solve the problem but I still can’t solve the problem.

I also received an email from no-reply@accounts.google.com. The subject of the email is “A suspicious attack was avoided”. The content says “recently, someone signed in with your password to try to access your Google account. This persons used an application, like an email client or mobile device.”

I’ve tried several ways to solve this problem but I can’t. Please let me know how to solve it.

The debug error message is the following:

[25-Jan-2014 14:14:53] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'phpmailerException' with message 'SMTP Error: Could not authenticate.' in /var/www/html/mydomain.com/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php:1087
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/html/mydomain.com/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php(971): PHPMailer->SmtpConnect()
    #1 /var/www/html/mydomain.com/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php(845): PHPMailer->SmtpSend('Date: Sat, 25 J...', '--b1_b0f029bb56...')
    #2 /var/www/html/mydomain.com/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php(763): PHPMailer->PostSend()
    #3 /var/www/html/mydomain.com/wp-content/plugins/iphorm-form-builder/includes/common.php(769): PHPMailer->Send()
    #4 /var/www/html/mydomain.com/wp-content/plugins/iphorm-form-builder/includes/common.php(483): iphorm_process_form()
    #5 [internal function]: iphorm_process_form_ajax('')
    #6 /var/www/html/mydomain.com/wp-includes/plugin.php(429): call_user_func_array('iphorm_process_...', Array)
    #7 /var/www/html/mydomain.com/wp-settings.php(368): do_action('wp_loaded')
    #8 /var/www/html/mexico in /var/www/html/mydomain.com/wp-includes/class-phpmailer.php on line 1087

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

camel79
    Participant

Hi Ally,

Thanks for your response.
    Your suggestion solved the problem.

Have a great day.
    Regards,

Fuad

camel79
    Participant

Hi Ally,

The solution you gave me was working without problems. However, today I started to make more tests and the same problem showed up again. Same debug error message.

I can follow the same steps you gave me last time to solve the problem, but what if it continues to happen? How can I stop this problem from repeating?

Thanks in advance.
    Regards,
    Fuad.

camel79
    Participant

Hi again Ally,

I solved the problem again following your instructions from last time. The problem is that I don’t want this to happen every other day.

Again I received an email from google telling me someone tried to access my account. The access attempts where made from the following locations:

January 25, 2014
    IP Address: 192.119.147.187

February 03, 2014
    IP Address: 2607:bd00:0:3::8b9:2cb3

I don’t know what does it mean. Maybe I’m using smtp from your application which is located in Canada and/or Indonesia. I am in Mexico.

Please let me know your comments.
    Regards,
    Fuad

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

camel79
    Participant

Hi Ally,

Thanks again for your response.
    My server is located in Dallas, Texas.

I created an application-specific password on Google. It seems to be working fine in QuForms. Here are the steps to create an application-specific password on Google.

Regards,
    Fuad

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy