Populating Default Value of Field with Previous Field Value

Home Forums Quform WordPress Populating Default Value of Field with Previous Field Value

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jbaumBWP
    Participant

I would like to populate a field with values from a previous field.

Specifically, I am asking the user to enter an address. Further down the form, they must enter addresses for their dependents. As the address of the dependents is usually the same as the user, I would like the field to pre-populate the field with value the user inputted for their own address field.

This is all on the same form.

Please let me know if this is possible. Thanks!

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

jbaumBWP
    Participant

Hi Ally,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

This is a potential workaround. However, this is additional work for the user and I’m trying to make a sale by keeping things as simple possible. Instead of using the checkbox in the manner described in that post, I could just use a conditional text field for the address with a checkbox labeled “check this box if dependent address is different than primary address”.

I’d rather have the fields filled out with the information from the primary address field. Is it possible to just pull this information into the dependent address fields?

You can see the form I’m working on here:

http://denefits.net/?page_id=9

If you go to the field “select plan” and choose “family”, it will create a new group for dependents.

If you have any other ideas for streamlining this, please let me know.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by Ally.
    movisart
    Participant

can’t see this

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy