Prevent Duplicates

Home Forums Quform WordPress Prevent Duplicates

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    apocal1pse
    Participant

is it possible in the “Prevent Duplicates” section to make sure that only part of the characters is checked?

for example, in a “phone” field, is it possible that only duplicates of the last 4 digits are checked?

by first entering “96123456789” and then trying to enter “6789” will a message appear that this value is already entered?

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

apocal1pse
    Participant

I’m really sorry I didn’t give you feedback before, but I was out.

From what I’ve seen, it’s working perfectly. I’ll run some more tests to validate.

Anyway, THANK YOU VERY MUCH for the help you’re giving! 😀

apocal1pse
    Participant

Hello again.

The code you gave me works perfectly. I tried to adjust it to another situation, but I couldn’t.
    Can you help me by indicating what I have to adjust in the code?

Now the idea is to confirm the first 4 characters of the email address instead of the last 4 characters of the phone. But I’m not getting it validated.

Is it also possible to disable the verification of the email address in the field?
    Because the idea is that the user doesn’t enter the full address but can verify with the emails already entered before.

Or is it better to create a new plain text field and assign the code to that new plain text field?

apocal1pse
    Participant

Help! Please? 🙁

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

apocal1pse
    Participant

Hello Ally, and thanks again for your help.
    It worked perfectly, but… is there any way to combine the two codes?

I’m sorry, now I’ve been asked that after all, an error message should only occur if BOTH FIELDS are repeated in the database, that is, if only one is repeated, it can still be sent, if both are repeated – they already exist – then yes, it gives an error.

I know that this kind of situation is already more customization than plugin support, and even though I won’t receive anything from who is asking for this code customization, I’m willing to pay because even though I don’t know how to program very well, I know it takes time and knowledge.

Please, if you can help me with this last customization I would really appreciate it, and as I said if it is necessary tell me a fee to pay for the development.

field 10_5
    email (check last 4 characters)

field 10_28
    phone number (first 4 digits)

If one already exists, send the form anyway.
    If both already exist in the database, an error message appears.

I’ll be waiting for your feedback.

Ally
    Support Staff

apocal1pse
    Participant

I’m running some tests, but it seems to be working perfectly.

Thanks a lot!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy