Question about web site width ?

Home Forums Storm WordPress Question about web site width ?

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    RadamasMiami
    Participant

I think this is a great theme and I have been shopping around for months for something like this Excellent and Superior work. I just had few questions. Is website theme content area fixed @ 940 width ? And if so if I customize it will it greatly affect page layouts templates etc or will it them templates automatically be responsive to the change in width.

RadamasMiami
    Participant

I also am trying to adjust the wrapper padding on top to push content & menu down. I tried custom css using :
    #wrapper {margin-top:180px !important;}

but this did not work. Im not great with css. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Allan
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

RadamasMiami
    Participant

Actually extending content area left might work. We are using a media player that normally runs at about 900 Width. But we want to be able to run this width with side bars as well. In order to fit the template we would have to re size the player to 640 which is too small for our purposes. if we could extend that content area left using css to fit the player without changing the sidebars it could work if that’s possible

Radamas

RadamasMiami
    Participant

I also wanted to know if I could add another header above the main navigation bar where i can insert a picture. I saw the post about going through php header file but can I add this through css alone ?

Allan
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

RadamasMiami
    Participant

Thanks for responding Allan. i really love this theme I just have to make few customizations to fit our needs. I attached screen shot so you can have an example what I am trying to do. As far as headers, I put in the header by adding the extra div through Header php and adjusting it with css, it worked but wont work for our overall needs because I need to be able to customize it for each channel page we create with a player. The added div adds a header to the entire site pages but I need to be able to customize a extra header above menu for each page created. The site we have live now is 1200 across the content area so we have a 900 content width and about 250 side bar (50 pix for padding etc ) I also attached pic for this. Im going to create an admin user for you and give u access to the ftp maybe you can help us make the customizations we need or direct us in the best way we can do this. I want to be able to use all the shortcodes etc etc but have the site wider. You can email me @ RadamasMiami@aol.com so I can give you user names and pw. Our live beta site can be seen here http://www.UniverseMiami.com

RadamasMiami
    Participant

Had to resize pics

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    RadamasMiami
    Participant

Storm theme picture with div header

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    RadamasMiami
    Participant

If you notice on the new site we are building the div header is bleeding down. Im also trying to close the extra space between the new div header menu and content area. There is also a black line showing up under the new div header which im having a hard time removing.

Allan
    Support Staff

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy