Quform captcha module incompatible with PHP 7 – bug

Home Forums Quform WordPress Quform captcha module incompatible with PHP 7 – bug

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    DavidRomano
    Participant

Though the Quform settings panel shows (by a green tick) that the Quform plugin is compatible with PHP 7.0.1 the inserted CAPTCHA code module (using the CAPTCHA button in the form builder) inserts code that requires PHP 5.6 (or lower?) to function. If the site’s php is set to 7.0.1 the captcha code is not displayed. Looks like a simple bug to fix – hopefully.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

DavidRomano
    Participant

Hi Ally,

If I use PHP 7.0.5 on the web server server the CAPTCHA code fails to instantiate.

If I drop back to PHP 5.6 the CAPTCHA code works fine again.

The CAPTCHA module I’m installing on the from is from Quform.

Apart from this, Quform seems fine in PHP 7.0.5.

My working assumption is that there must be something within the Quform CAPTCHA code module that is not PHP 7 compliant such that the CAPTCHA code is not created.

You won’t see this on the site because I’ve dropped it back to 5.6.

Error message from Firebug is “Failed to load the given URL”

D

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by DavidRomano.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

DavidRomano
    Participant

Hi Ally,

I’ve emailed you the full content of the PHP 7 error message with the full paths explicit.

In summary, with full paths omitted, the error repoert is:

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Services_JSON has a deprecated constructor <full path omitted>/JSON.php on line 115

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Services_JSON_Error has a deprecated constructor in <full path omitted>/JSON.php on line 781

Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; Services_JSON_Error has a deprecated constructor in <full path omitted>/JSON.php on line 795

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at <full path omitted>/JSON.php:115) in <full path omitted>/Captcha.php on line 213

There then follows a block of strange (unicode?) characters.

D

DavidRomano
    Participant

Hi Ally,

I’ve passed your comment “I had a look through the code, the functions are compatible with PHP7. There might be something specific to your PHP install that is not compatible and doesn’t show up on the Server Compatiblity page in Quform for some reason.” over to hosting support so that they can take a look. I’ll send you an update when they get back to me.

D

DavidRomano
    Participant

Hi Ally,

This is the reply I’ve got from our hosting tech team

“Hi David,

Sorry for the delay! From what I can see the issue is within iphorm-form-builder and it’s compatibility with php 7, as older scripts are not compatible with the new php version. If you do not have any issues running it on php 5.6 the reason would be within the script itself and it’s compatibility with the newest php version.”

D

Ally
    Support Staff

DavidRomano
    Participant

Hi Ally,

The overnight Quform update appears to have fixed this and as far as I can see Quform is now fully compatible with PHP 7.

Many thanks for your help

DavidRomano
    Participant
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy