Quform will not submit: Uncaught type error in jquery.form

Home Forums Quform WordPress Quform will not submit: Uncaught type error in jquery.form

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    oldtimeguitarguy
    Participant

Suddenly, since upgrading to WordPress 3.7.1, Quform will no longer submit. It just hangs – showing the loading animation next to the Submit button eternally. When I open the js console, I see this error (coming from jquery.form.min.js?ver=v20130616:7)

Uncaught TypeError: Object function (a,b){return new c.fn.init(a,b)} has no method ‘Deferred’

I have tried the following:

* Changing email settings from php_mail to smtp mail and back again
    * Changing smtp connection type from tls to ssl and back again (I use gmail)
    * Uninstalling and reinstalling Quform, then importing my exported forms, and creating new private and public keys for recaptcha
    * Changing the jQuery version loaded in the main theme file to match the Quform required version
    * Removing the jQuery import line in the main theme file and putting it back again
    * Importing the jQuery migrate plugin and setting that to load with the theme file (thinking it might be able to add some potentially-missing deprecated jQuery functionality)

You can find the web page in question here for your own testing purposes: https://www.subpoenasplus.com/contact-us/

This really needs to work soon. Their site uses another form in a protected page that is the core functionality of their business and I’ve been trying to fix this for about a week now – their entire business is pretty much down at the moment.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

oldtimeguitarguy
    Participant

Hey there, I figured it out. Apparently the theme itself was forcing jQuery 1.4.2, even though I had added my own script import of a later version right in the header file. I found out where the theme was doing this and changed it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy