Random Assigned Dynamiic Number

Home Forums Quform WordPress Random Assigned Dynamiic Number

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Halo242
    Participant

Im just wondering, there is a hidden field option. Is it possible to make that hidden field assign a dynamically generate number string? Like a unique identifier with parameter for the form submission. Like for example when i receive the form it is assigned “AB-13001” and then the next form I receive is assigned “AB-13002”. Please advise. This would be really useful for a project im working on.

Thank you
    -Paul

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Halo242
    Participant

Im sorry for the dealy on this.
    I tried this and did not return anything it only returned the value AB-{entity_id}

Dont mean to go off topic…I accidentally deleted my database that held the form I made. It was a long form and I spent about 4 hours on it. I never exported the code however I still have a sample page of that form on screen. Obviously If I hit edit it wont be there but have the output code from the page is there a way to extract the form out of it without having to rebuild this form?

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

jerkski
    Participant

I too am interested in something very similar… is there a way to generate the next number in sequence based on what exists in the entry list? I would like this number to be autogenerated on form submission for each entry.

Thank you! BTW, sweet plugin! Just what i was in need of!

Ally
    Support Staff

jerkski
    Participant

Would it be possible to have a form submit the data, then display a confirmation page which shows the submitted data as well as the associated {entry-id}? This would create a nice workflow because this means the entry-id has allocated to that record upon submitting the form, otherwise, if you have two different people entering data simultaneously, there may be a conflict if it displays the next available entry-id prior to submitting.

Ally
    Support Staff

jerkski
    Participant

Hmm, interesting…that worked perfectly! Is there a way to pass more than one variable in the $SESSION? For instance like First name, Last name, etc.?

Ally
    Support Staff

jerkski
    Participant

BTW – Thank you very much for your suggestions! Working awesome!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy