Reduce Text Area Height

Home Forums Quform WordPress Reduce Text Area Height

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    idina
    Participant

Is there a way to reduce the height of a text area input field to something smaller than the “slim” setting? I can increase it by adding a CSS style to the textarea field, but using this method I can’t decrease the height to less than 5 rows (i.e., the “slim” setting). I would like to reduce the text area height to 3 rows.
    Thanks.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

idina
    Participant

I am familiar with that guide for making the text area field larger. However, that method only works to increase the height of the text area to something greater than 150px. It doesn’t work if I try to set the text area height to anything less than 150px. I would like to set the text area height to 60px. Is there a way to do that?

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

idina
    Participant

The code

height: 60px;
    min-height: 0;

doesn’t work on my form. However, using your suggestion of

min-height: 0 !important;
    height: 60px !important;

works, but as you warned, it prevents the textarea height from being resized by dragging. If I leave !important on the min-height property but remove it from the height property, I can reduce the textarea height to 60px without losing the ability to resize by dragging. In other words, this CSS does the trick:

min-height: 0 !important;
    height: 60px;

Thank you for your help!!!

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by idina.
    Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy