Remove empty fields from customize email content.

Home Forums Quform WordPress Remove empty fields from customize email content.

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    yanivmirel
    Participant

Hi,

Is there a way to hide/remove empty fields within the customize email content.
    When I am creating the html content I am inserting all fields variables because I can’t tell which one the client will fill up.
    But I really need to hide the empty ones from my email (I have more than 100 inputs)

Thanks.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

yanivmirel
    Participant

And I do I add the entry ID to that html/php?
    Is this the correct way to add date and time separate.
    Date: <?php echo date(‘d/m/Y’); ?>, Time: <?php echo date(‘H:i’); ?>

Thanks for great support

yanivmirel
    Participant

My HTML will be a huge table.
    Do I need to wrap the code above in <?php …… ?>
    Can you give an example of how to wrap the if statement.
    Here is a section of my HTML.

<table dir=”rtl” border=”1″ align=”center” style=”width: 600px;margin:0 auto;”>
    <tbody>
    <tr>
    <th colspan=”2″ style=”text-align: right;”>Client info</th>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Name</td>
    <td><?php echo $form->getValueHtml(‘iphorm_1_1’); ?></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td>Did you work with us before</td>
    <td><?php echo $form->getValueHtml(‘iphorm_1_120’); ?></td>
    </tr>

Thanks

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

yanivmirel
    Participant

Hi,

Once I am done with that, do I need to set something in the admin.
    like Unchecking “Customize email content” or something…..?

Will the plugin know to submit it from the new function instead?

yanivmirel
    Participant

Can you also reply to my other question #7785 ?

yanivmirel
    Participant

One last question.
    The same if statement (->isEmpty()) is good to check Boolean field?

Ally
    Support Staff

Ally
    Support Staff

yanivmirel
    Participant

Hi,

I have a field with a radio select, how to I check for the value with the if statement.
    something like: <?php if (!$form->getElement(‘iphorm_1_120’) == ‘yes’) : ?>
    when ‘yes’ is the value.

is this the correct way?

josef777
    Participant

Yaniv

Do the following because you are doing it the hard way :

see the following guides

Custom autoreply content

Custom email content

1-open autoreply-content.php and Modify iphorm_1_2 and iphorm_1_1 to the ids from your form (those are Title and Name in my form ) and edit the text at the top to whatever you wish , do not do anything to the rest of the code (it’s from email-html.php, just changed the style).

2- Follow the guides above for the functions.php

Now go and test it !

autoreply-content.php
    Dear <?php echo $form->getValueHtml('iphorm_1_2'); ?> <?php echo $form->getValueHtml('iphorm_1_1'); ?><br /><br />

below is your submission to your company , thank you in advance and we will get in touch with you shortly .<br /><br />

Best Regards<br />
    Your Company<br /><br />

Phone : +43 000 000 000<br />
    Email : office@yourdomain.com<br />
    --------------------------------------<br />

<table width="600" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="font: 14px Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">
    <tr>
    <td valign="top" style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 20px; font-weight: bold; color: #282828; padding-bottom: 10px;"><?php echo esc_html($mailer->Subject); ?></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td valign="top"><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse:collapse;">
    <?php
    $elements = $form->getElements();
    foreach ($elements as $element) : ?>
    <?php if (!$element->isHidden() && (!$element->isEmpty() || ($element->isEmpty() && $form->getNotificationShowEmptyFields()))) : ?>
    <?php if ($element instanceof iPhorm_Element_Groupstart) : ?>
    <?php if ($element->getShowNameInEmail() && strlen($adminTitle = $element->getAdminTitle())) : ?>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2" valign="top" style="border: 1px solid #F0F0F0;font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold; color: #282828; padding-top: 15px; padding-bottom: 10px;"><?php echo esc_html($adminTitle); ?></td>
    </tr>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php else : ?>
    <tr>
    <th scope="row" style="font-size: 12px;border: 1px solid #F0F0F0;padding: 10px;text-align: left;vertical-align: top;width: 150px;"><?php echo esc_html($element->getAdminLabel()); ?></th>
    <td style="border: 1px solid #F0F0F0;font-size: 12px;line-height: 20px;margin-bottom: 9px;padding: 8px 10px;">
    <?php echo $element->getValueHtml(); ?>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php endforeach; ?>
    </table></td>
    </tr>
    </table>

email-content.php
    <?php if (!defined('IPHORM_VERSION')) exit; ?><html>
    <body leftmargin="0" marginwidth="0" topmargin="0" marginheight="0">
    <table width="600" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" border="0" style="font: 14px Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">
    <tr>
    <td valign="top" style="font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 20px; font-weight: bold; color: #282828; padding-bottom: 10px;"><?php echo esc_html($mailer->Subject); ?></td>
    </tr>
    <tr>
    <td valign="top"><table width="100%" border="0" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0" style="border-collapse:collapse;">
    <?php
    $elements = $form->getElements();
    foreach ($elements as $element) : ?>
    <?php if (!$element->isHidden() && (!$element->isEmpty() || ($element->isEmpty() && $form->getNotificationShowEmptyFields()))) : ?>
    <?php if ($element instanceof iPhorm_Element_Groupstart) : ?>
    <?php if ($element->getShowNameInEmail() && strlen($adminTitle = $element->getAdminTitle())) : ?>
    <tr>
    <td colspan="2" valign="top" style="border: 1px solid #F0F0F0;font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; font-weight: bold; color: #282828; padding-top: 15px; padding-bottom: 10px;"><?php echo esc_html($adminTitle); ?></td>
    </tr>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php else : ?>
    <tr>
    <th scope="row" style="font-size: 12px;border: 1px solid #F0F0F0;padding: 10px;text-align: left;vertical-align: top;width: 150px;"><?php echo esc_html($element->getAdminLabel()); ?></th>
    <td style="border: 1px solid #F0F0F0;font-size: 12px;line-height: 20px;margin-bottom: 9px;padding: 8px 10px;">
    <?php echo $element->getValueHtml(); ?>
    </td>
    </tr>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php endif; ?>
    <?php endforeach; ?>
    </table></td>
    </tr>
    </table>
    </body>
    </html>

• This reply was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by josef777.
    yanivmirel
    Participant

Hi Josef,

Thank you for your answer but it’s not that simple with my form.
    My form has 11 different sections with total of 150 elements when 45 of them are based on conditional fields.
    My email content is organized with table headers for each section and so on and so on….
    I already finish with the hard job (I guess I did it the hard/long way).
    I just need to not include few elements based on other elements radio choices.

I will appreciate if you can answer my last question (#7985)

Thanks

josef777
    Participant

1- it’s up to you but it doesn’t matter how many sections or fields you have or whether they have conditional logic or not , the above files will hide empty fields and email what been selected .

2- (#7985) You have to wait for Ally , my php is very limited 🙂

yanivmirel
    Participant

Any news from the support staff?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy