Retrieve data on page when using ajax

Home Forums Quform WordPress Retrieve data on page when using ajax

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    patdundee
    Participant

Hi Guys

I am using XYZScripts PHP Snippet to insert php code.
    When I use ajax to post the form to itself, i cannot get values from the form. I have also tried adding a custom field but to no avail

For example
    echo $_REQUEST['iphorm_3_3'];
    This produces no results
    How can i collect these valuse please
    Many thanks
    Patrick

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

patdundee
    Participant

Hi Ally

Yes it works without ajax ticked.

I was hoping there was a way of capturing with Ajax selected, as when you create a non WP site and post any form to itself with Ajax you can collect the data from it.

Perhaps one to work on for your team 🙂

Many thanks
    Patrick

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

patdundee
    Participant

Hi Ally

On the form page I have some PHP code requesting the data the user enters. It then uses this data in its custom sql statement to search the external database and display the results under the submitted form.

This form is currently working here with Ajax selected so it would produce no results. Obviously without Ajax it does collect the data and produce results.

The county selection is at the moment hard coded into the selection field, this will change to dunamic produced now you have advised me of the script I can use in the previous question 🙂

This page

The main reason I would prefer it to work with Ajax it because I think it is much better and more effective without a page refresh.

Kind regards

Patrick

• This reply was modified 10 years, 3 months ago by patdundee.
    patdundee
    Participant

Looking at the reference to sessions, as there is only one field where i require the data, then this is a possible option as I could kill the session once i have collected it to keep the server clean i suppose 🙂

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy