Shortcode question & Issue : “Select Menu” element in system and emails

Home Forums Quform WordPress Shortcode question & Issue : “Select Menu” element in system and emails

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    fbxac
    Participant

Hey guys,

I used a “select menu” variable for a form where it set up as this:

please select
    Artist
    Exhibitor
    Food

I am using the shortcode in the emails that it provides me which is: {element|id:12|Vendor Application}

When the email goes out, the shortcode is gone / ignored in the email as if the option that was chosen was never selected. It’ll say

“We have received your BLANK”

Instead of

“We have received your VENDOR APPLICATION (Exhibitor or whatever chosen)”

The chosen results are also not displaying in the fields for entries (image attached). I was going to choose selection box as alternative, but already put the work in and this setup should work.

Last question,

I am using the name text form option, which does both first name and last name. How do I create the shortcode for the first name only. For example, email notification says

“Hello, FIRST NAME”

and Not

“Hello, FIRST AND LAST NAME”

How do I fix these issues? Please advise, thanks.

fbxac
    Participant

Attached image

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

fbxac
    Participant

Hi Ally,

Thanks for the update. Conditions arent turned on for the select menu. The only way I can make it work was if I disabled “”Please select” option”. When this option was enabled, I chose an option in the drop down and it still didn’t capture it even though it was selected instead of the “Please select” drop down option.

The first name configuration worked, thank you.

Please advise, thanks.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

fbxac
    Participant

Hello,

Sure. Sent in feedback form

fbxac
    Participant

Also, are you able to help on the other question that was sent a while ago. i responded to an inquiry in regards to triggering emails when changing application information from admin side.

For example,

In the same form we’re speaking about, I created a hidden option that says “application status” that is for admin only. The options are Approve, Reject, Waitlist. When I modify the application from admin side, id like for it to trigger the email for “approved application” or any of the emails for each chosen option. When I modify and choose an option like “Approve”, email notifications are not sent/triggered

Ally
    Support Staff

fbxac
    Participant

Hello,

Email sent!

Ally
    Support Staff

fbxac
    Participant

Hi,

Thanks so much for the update. This works!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy