Slide Shows

Home Forums Storm WordPress Slide Shows

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    tommy72060
    Participant

Hi, is it possible today’s WP update messed with the slide shows again? They are defaulting to being in “pause mode” no matter how the options are set. So; there is no auto start on background images, etc..

thx
    Thomas

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

tommy72060
    Participant

Thanks for your reply Ally. After I updated WordPress I went back to work on my site. That’s when I noticed the problem. HOWEVER, a fresh restart today seems to have addressed what was probably a browser issue. Even though they don’t tell you to.. it’s probably best to always quit and restart the browser and/or computer after an update. I arrive at this conclusion more from computer “magic and superstition” thank computer knowledge. But it worked.

thx again
    Thomas

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

tommy72060
    Participant

Another question if you don’t mind..

I’m trying to put some widgets in a sidebar of my blog. They seem to only appear in the actual single posts but not the “main” blog page (which has short description of all the blogs). I have it set so that there will be a widget area on the left and set the visibility for “PAGE is BLOG.” Still nothing on that blog page, only the single blog posts (where the widgets DO show up)

So, is this how it’s supposed to work or have I missed something in the settings?

Thx!
    Thomas

Ally
    Support Staff

tommy72060
    Participant

Yes, I have BLOG set as the blog page. Also, the main BLOG page will not show “Summary” even though I have also that set in “Settings—>Reading” section. It shows the full post.

I have this BLOG page set for left sidebar.. and have the Categories widget configured to be seen in both BLOG, and POSTS. but the widget only shows up in the posts.. not the main blog page.

😕

tommy72060
    Participant

Update: I have the wide widgets working in both blog and single blog posts but ONLY on main blog page if I DO NOT choose any specific pages for “Visibility.” As soon as I put something in one of those (including “BLOG”) it disappears on the main blog page.

Also, main blog page is not allowing me to choose an overlay for background images.. AND I’m unable to get the posts to show “SUMMARY” view no matter which radio button I choose.

I’m definitely editing the correct page because I AM able to change background images..

So odd. 😕

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy