Slow form between pages

Home Forums Quform WordPress Slow form between pages

This topic is: not resolved
  • This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Ally.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    v3media
    Participant

I’ve created a 9 page form with some pages having a few sections containing conditional logic but nothing that seems over the top. However, it can take as long as 2 minutes to go between pages with the spinner spinning away.

So, the main question is, Is there an upward limit as to the size of a form or anything like that?

The hosting account this is on is not limited in resources in any way but not sure how to speed up the process or what is causing it.

I’ve sent the link, password, and an exported copy of the form to info@themecatcher.net. I’m at a loss on this one and I’m hoping that 2 solid days of building this aren’t out the window! Thanks in advance.

v3media
    Participant

hmm….

Also finding that the form export creates a 1.2MB file that won’t import back into any Quform installation.

It APPEARS that upon pressing “Next”, it’s about 1.3 minutes before it proceeds to either the next page or shows missed mandatory fields.

I removed 6 of the most intense pages in the form and the speed issue was resolved.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by Ally.
    v3media
    Participant

I’ve replicated the site into a test environment, stripped out every plugin except QuForm and switched to one of the WP default themes. All caching, debugging and error reporting is off. And nope, no custom code. This is just a plain vanilla page now. Same result.

We’ve tried every PHP version from 5.6 to 7.2 as well. Memory limit is 512M.

Would you be able to email me your my.cnf settings that you got the 1.7s with? That would be an entirely usable result. I can’t think of anything else it could be…. Something is different in our environments that’s causing this…

• This reply was modified 5 years ago by v3media.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy