SMTP Connection Error

Home Forums Quform WordPress SMTP Connection Error

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kscng
    Participant

I am currently having errors for sending the data to email when i click the submit button. The debug log is below

[17-Oct-2013 03:45:44 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'phpmailerException' with message 'SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.' in C:\xampp\htdocs\intranet\wp-includes\class-phpmailer.php:912
    Stack trace:
    #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\intranet\wp-includes\class-phpmailer.php(797): PHPMailer->SmtpConnect()
    #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\intranet\wp-includes\class-phpmailer.php(660): PHPMailer->SmtpSend('Date: Thu, 17 O...', '--b1_107301cfb1...')
    #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\intranet\wp-includes\class-phpmailer.php(588): PHPMailer->PostSend()
    #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\intranet\wp-content\plugins\iphorm-form-builder\includes\common.php(769): PHPMailer->Send()
    #4 C:\xampp\htdocs\intranet\wp-content\plugins\iphorm-form-builder\includes\common.php(483): iphorm_process_form()
    #5 [internal function]: iphorm_process_form_ajax('')
    #6 C:\xampp\htdocs\intranet\wp-includes\plugin.php(406): call_user_func_array('iphorm_process_...', Array)
    #7 C:\xampp\htdocs\intranet\wp-settings.php(327): do_action('wp_loaded')
    #8 C:\xampp\htdocs\intranet\wp-config.php(99): require_once('C:\xampp\htdocs...' in C:\xampp\htdocs\intranet\wp-includes\class-phpmailer.php on line 912

[17-Oct-2013 03:53:03 UTC] PHP Warning: mysql_connect(): in C:\xampp\htdocs\intranet\wp-includes\wp-db.php on line 1141

I have tried using my domain SMTP setting and gmail smtp setting both produces the same error (i have used the wordpress plugin “WP-Mail-SMTP” and my domain SMTP does work).

I have tried to uncheck the send data box in the form settings and it does send automatically but that is useless as i would like to send the form details. Could you please advice what other things i could test to get the mail working?

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

kscng
    Participant

Dear Ally,

Thanks for your reply! I have followed the instructions to enable the SSLbut still getting the same error.

[19-Nov-2013 07:51:19 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'phpmailerException' with message 'SMTP Error: Could not connect to SMTP host.' in C:\xampp\htdocs\intranet\wp-includes\class-phpmailer.php:912
    Stack trace:
    #0 C:\xampp\htdocs\intranet\wp-includes\class-phpmailer.php(797): PHPMailer->SmtpConnect()
    #1 C:\xampp\htdocs\intranet\wp-includes\class-phpmailer.php(660): PHPMailer->SmtpSend('Date: Tue, 19 N...', '--b1_ca1d1e41f2...')
    #2 C:\xampp\htdocs\intranet\wp-includes\class-phpmailer.php(588): PHPMailer->PostSend()
    #3 C:\xampp\htdocs\intranet\wp-content\plugins\iphorm-form-builder\includes\common.php(769): PHPMailer->Send()
    #4 C:\xampp\htdocs\intranet\wp-content\plugins\iphorm-form-builder\includes\common.php(483): iphorm_process_form()
    #5 [internal function]: iphorm_process_form_ajax('')
    #6 C:\xampp\htdocs\intranet\wp-includes\plugin.php(406): call_user_func_array('iphorm_process_...', Array)
    #7 C:\xampp\htdocs\intranet\wp-settings.php(327): do_action('wp_loaded')
    #8 C:\xampp\htdocs\intranet\wp-config.php(99): require_once('C:\xampp\htdocs...' in C:\xampp\htdocs\intranet\wp-includes\class-phpmailer.php on line 912

i have removed the “;” in my php.ini located in my wp-admin and my extension_dir = “.;C:\xampp\php\ext”…i am wondering is my extension_dir correct? i checked inside that folder i have the php_openssl.dll

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

kscng
    Participant

That fix the problem…how forgetful of me! Thanks for your support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy