some problems with simple contact form – ajax and default values

Home Forums Quform WordPress some problems with simple contact form – ajax and default values

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wp-butler
    Participant

Hi,

I purchased yesterday and I really love QuForm – looks great and easy to handle.

But…
    I have a contact form with 4 fields (3 simple text, name, mail, phone) and one textarea.

problem1:
    I don’t use labels, because I want to display the default values (placeholder) when the field entry is deleted again. Therefore I found your html field jQuery trick in an other post.

This works only correct if I also leave the “default value” field empty – otherwise the default value will get accepted as value what makes no sence to me.
    On the textarea field this works only the first time. After sending one form the placeholder text (by jQuery) is not displaying. It works fine for all the other fields.

This all works only on an empty wp installation with twentythirteen theme activated – any idea why it’s not working on a simple static theme which I build. Any hint were I have to check would be appreciated. Even the jQuery placeholder trick isn’t working.

problem2:
    if I choose under settings–>general to display a message on successful submit and the ajax is disabled, then the page will stay with the message (not dissapering after 10 seconds) and a cryptical link in the browser bar. If I choose ajax it works (on both installations). Is that a normal behaviour? If yes than I would be helpful for the user if you display a hint, that displaying a message requires ajax. Otherwise please give me a hint what’s going wrong at my side.

Thanks for your support.

Regards.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

wp-butler
    Participant

Thanks for your help, Ally.

I got the following error on the console:
    There is an java Script error: Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method ‘iPhorm’ on the page.

I see that there are more scripts loaded by using twentythirteen than by using my theme.
    scripts are not loaded: jquery-migrate, jquery-form, jquery-infieldlabel, jquery.iphorm, jquery.masonry, jquery.qTip, jquery.smoothcontrol, jquery.uniform.

Could you explain or send a link how to call the form in non-JavaScript mode ?

I’m on a local development at the moment, maybe you can have a look by using a desktop sharing tool ?

Thanks you for bringing this to success.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy