Text Field Entry Formatting

Home Forums Quform WordPress Text Field Entry Formatting

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GOMLP
    Participant

Hello Ally,

I have another situation that I am keeping my fingers crossed that you might be able to shine some light onto or provide a solution. Years ago you helped me out with incorporating a text field for phone numbers, well now I need some help regarding measurements.

On our quotation form we have a “select menu” that contains “Metric” and “Imperial”, along with another “select menu” that asks the clients if they want a “stock size” or “custom” allowing them to enter their own dimensions.

I would like to take the fields for custom and based on their selection of measurements apply either “mm” or “in” after the numbers as they type based upon their selection of preferred measurements.

I attached screen shots so you can see what I am trying to achieve.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

GOMLP
    Participant

This worked well! However ideally it would be wonderful if we could have the size across and size around fields show the “cm” or “in” in the blank field and as the customer types in the filed the measurement indicators would follow in real time the customer’s entry…. Similar to the Phone number mask. I’m sure to achieve this we would have to write a plugin code and then call that up within the custom CSS/JavaScript.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

GOMLP
    Participant

Hi Ally,

I’m just getting around tackling this now…. I already have a custom plug in for the phone number mask and I am wondering if I can just modify that plug in to include this code so there is only one custom plug in.

I’ve tried a few things, however no matter what I do I keep breaking the code. Anymore insight would be great.

GOMLP
    Participant

Ignore the last paragraph: “I’ve tried a few things, however no matter what I do I keep breaking the code. Anymore insight would be great.” that was a reply to the HTML question, tooooo many windows open! My Bad!

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy