Todays date

Home Forums Quform WordPress Todays date

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    jasecorn
    Participant

I’d like to have the date element default to today’s date.
    I know I can do this with a single line text and insert a variable, but there appears to be no way of doing this with the actual date element – I can only set a static default date.
    I’d rather not use a text line to achieve this.

Can this be done?

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

jasecorn
    Participant

Awesome! Thanks!

gmwestrup
    Participant

How can you make it do this on every form? Just add one for each form? I have many forms and want to make this the default.

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

gmwestrup
    Participant

Thanks, awesome as usual!

jasecorn
    Participant

Hi

Is there a way to change the timezone offset for this? It appears to be getting today’s date from the server, instead of from the users’s local PC.

Ally
    Support Staff

jasecorn
    Participant

Thanks for that!
    Although I think you meant to use .getDate() instead of .getDay()?
    .getDay returns the days of the week instead of the month.

Ally
    Support Staff

jasecorn
    Participant

Hi Ally

I just noticed that while this works great initially, with the form set to “Display a message” after submitting the form, the date field is reset to the default (d/m/y) when a form is submitted – so it loses the date completely after the first submission.
    Is there any way to make this stick after submitting a form?

Ally
    Support Staff

jasecorn
    Participant

Awesome! That works great. Thanks 🙂

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy