Upload error

Home Forums Quform WordPress Upload error

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    dfwpress
    Participant

Hello,
    I have problem with uploading files. The form is http://www.mp-mag.com/en/publishing/announce-a-product/.
    I am getting upload error when trying to upload file in any field.
    It is worked OK two days ako.
    Please do you have any suggestion.

Thanks
    Regards

dfwpress
    Participant

It has worked OK two days ago.

dfwpress
    Participant

Hi,

If I disenable Flash uploader, uploading works.
    It would be great that Flash upload works too.

Thanks

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

dfwpress
    Participant

Hello,

This is the answer which I got from the server administrator:

“This is the error log of the apache, connected to your issue:

Code:
    [Mon Jun 22 10:34:02 2015] [error] [client 109.163.168.30] sh: groups: command not found, referer: http://www.mp-mag.com/en/publishing/announce-a-product/

You can provide it to the plugin developer, also you can provide us with the steps that we need to take on the page to recreate the error.

Please check the details and If there is anything that we can assist you with, do not hesitate to contact us back at any time!”

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

dfwpress
    Participant

Hello,
    I am discussing with my host about this problem but we have not solved it yet.
    Exact situation now is:
    – In Chrome it is appeared “upload error” for all Flash upload fields;
    – In Internet Explorer and Firefox Flash upload works except if the field is required. Then it is appeared “This field is required” error message.

Please try to upload something here: http://www.mp-mag.com/en/publishing/announce-a-product/

I can give you temporary access to my dashboard, if it is necessary.

Thanks
    Regards

Ally
    Support Staff

Ally
    Support Staff

dfwpress
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for your effort on this topic.

I got this message from server administrator:
    ————————————————————————————————————————————–
    I submit a test form and checked the server error logs – there were no entries for mod_security. Prior to the test, I commented out the rule which you have placed in the .htaccess, which disabled the mod_security.

There is, however, the following error message in the error logs:

Code:
    sh: groups: command not found, referer: http://www.mp-mag.com/en/publishing/announce-a-product/

Please double check again with the developer of the plugin – if possible, please ask them to provide you with the page he receives the mod_security error on so that we can investigate further.
    —————————————————————————————————————————————–

Ally
    Support Staff

dfwpress
    Participant

Hello,

Now I got this message from server administrator:
    ————————————————————————————————————————————-
    I have just tested again, and this time I was able to recreate the issue when using Chrome. It seems that this issue is not present when testing with FireFox.

Indeed, the issue seems to be related to mod_security, so I have left it disabled for your account. Once I did that, the file was successfully uploaded even with Chrome.

You should note however that having mod_security disabled would have an impact on your account’s security, so you should make sure to always keep your application/plugins/themes up to date, as we would not be able to protect you from known security vulnerabilities with mod_security disabled.
    ————————————————————————————————————————————
    Obviously this resolves the problem on the way you already proposed.
    Please do you think that disabling of mod_security completely is too great risk?
    Is mod_security the usual manner for account’s security?

Thanks
    Regards

Ally
    Support Staff

dfwpress
    Participant

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I think that this topic is finally resolved :). Server administrators have disabled mod_security for my site. I can always contact them in case of any security problems.

I have just rate your plugin with 5 stars :).

Regards

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy