User Validation Before Form Launch

Home Forums Quform WordPress User Validation Before Form Launch

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    fohlhorst
    Participant

Is there any way to check for WordPress function is_user_logged_in() and redirect to the wp-login.php if the user is not logged in / registered and then come back to the form after the user logs in?

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

fohlhorst
    Participant

Thanks – I did what was in the guide and that does effectively prevent the form from showing if the user is not logged in – what I would really like to do is offer a way to login / register as part of the logic – but, I am no coder!

so is there some way to put a hyperlink into the text that is shown from the function: code below like making the $content look like this? $content = ‘This content is for members only, please log in or register first. by clicking http:\\www.website.com\login.php’;

Simply put, I want the text that is stored in the content variable to be a hyperlink to a login page

or, better yet if I can make the logic place a widget on the post for social login

Below is the original code that has been added to the functions.php for the theme – so, I would want to modify that to either have a plugin show (Social Login widget) or at the very least, offer a hyperlink to the wp-login.php

function my_members_only_shortcode($atts, $content = null)
    {
    if (is_user_logged_in()) {
    $content = do_shortcode($content);
    } else {
    $content = ‘This content is for members only, please log in or register first.’;
    }

return $content;
    }
    add_shortcode(‘members_only’, ‘my_members_only_shortcode’);

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

fohlhorst
    Participant

Ally – this works great!

$content = ‘This content is for members only, please log in or register first.’;

one question though, can the hyperlink be setup to return to the calling page using something like a &redirect_to= command, once the user logs in?

Ally
    Support Staff

fohlhorst
    Participant

This is perfect – thank you so much!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy