Validation error messages out of place?

Home Forums Quform PHP Validation error messages out of place?

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    bb3
    Participant

Hi Ally,
    After quite a lot of angst I got the form working … the angst being somewhat due to using my own form I’m sure.
    First issue I want to ask about is the error messages that appear when you Submit the form, purposely leaving some required fields blank.

The alert messages turn up as expected, but in the wrong places. If I could move them all together, up one field, they would all be correct.
    The first error/alert message appears too far beneath the first required field of ‘Name’ when it should closer, or perhaps above it?. This puts all the others below it out of sync. I can’t find a rule that governs the placement.

It is a form I had already made, but the collection of fields are wrapped, as per instructions, in quform elements and individual fields each with quform input. Must be something else I’m missing?

Help appreciated.
    Thank you.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

bb3
    Participant

Great! Thank you!
    As long as I know the ‘type’ of problem to look for, I’ll probably solve it ok.
    I should really have thought of this myself.
    Will report back …
    Cheers!

bb3
    Participant

Yes, you are dead right. It’s a bottom margin issue… used on my own form. Will manage to sort it I’m sure.
    It’s probably the reason for the ‘quform spacer’ I’ve seen used on the examples.
    Thanks again
    bb

bb3
    Participant

Hi,
    Just to let you know, I got this fixed by changing some margins on my own form. The error messages are displaying in the correct place now.
    Thank you very much

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy