Home › Forums › Quform WordPress › Verifying Email Address and Limiting One submission per Email Address
- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 9 months, 2 weeks ago by Ally.
- August 19, 2022 at 6:52 pm #34582MediaServicesParticipant
We have so far got code to make sure at least 15 entries are made on a single page form (https://support.themecatcher.net/forums/topic/quform-v2-minimum-number-of-responses) then we changed to a multi-page form and got code to make sure at least 15 entries are made on that form (https://support.themecatcher.net/forums/topic/quform-v2-wordpress-minimum-responses-on-multi-page-form) and at one point we also tried to get an email address validator working (https://support.themecatcher.net/forums/topic/double-opt-in-to-verify-votes) but some people were getting blank keys and could not verify their email addresses so we stopped using that.
We would like to make sure each person’s email address is valid and also that each email address is used only on one submission of 15 or more votes. We switched to a multi-page form this year as a simple attempt at making sure submissions are really coming from a live person with a real email address, but we really would prefer to validate the email address through user interaction, unless there is an automated way to do that without user interaction.
I did a fresh search in the forums and found https://support.themecatcher.net/quform-wordpress-v2/guides/integration/quickemailverification and I’m not convinced it will validate an email address since it rules out some valid email addresses, and we don’t want to pay for an additional service to verify emails.
The form in question is already live and collecting information:
1. Is there a way to use Quform or add code so that we can have people that submit votes verify their email address?
2. Is there a way to stop the use of an email address more than once?
3. Considering the answers for 1 and 2 above, and the 15 minimum entries code we have, would it be better if we stuck with the current multi-page form or should I revert it back to a single-page form?August 20, 2022 at 1:05 pm #34588AllySupport Staff
You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.