Visual Composer Crashes the Site

Home Forums React WordPress Theme Visual Composer Crashes the Site

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    mathcatsand
    Participant

I can install the Visual Composer plugin fine, but every time I activate it, the whole site goes down (both front end and back end). I have to rename the plugin folder to force deactivation to get back in. I’ve tried activating debug mode, but no debug.log file is generated from activating the trouble plugin and crashing the site. (Admittedly, this is my first time working with WordPress, though I have experience with other CMSs.)

I can install and activate Visual Composer if I download it from the plugin provider directly, however this is unlicensed. Both the packaged plugin and the new one I download from the provider, do seem to share a folder in the plugins folder. If I just have Visual Composer installed from the provider, some elements don’t work in the theme, but if I also install the pacakaged version (but not activate it) those issues appear to resolve (e.g. font awesome icons don’t load if I don’t also install the packaged version of Visual Composer).

My WordPress is the latest version plus the latest version of PHP. The memory requirements meet their minimums (as indeed the Visual Composer downloaded straight from the provider doesn’t crash the site).

Please can you shed some light on this? The React theme says it was updated just two days before I downloaded it, so I assume that means it should be up-to-date. Thanks so much!

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy