webpage loads as blank

Home Forums Quform PHP webpage loads as blank

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    izzi81
    Participant

Hi, I’ve been trying to set up an Ajax contact form on a web template I bought. I tried a bunch of free ones, and had various problems, so I thought I’d try buying one.
    Still problems!
    I’ve followed your installation instructions, but now my site page doesn’t load at all, it just comes up blank. http://www.craftycreatives.com/NA/test/Copyofindex.html
    It might be that there is a conflict somewhere in the code, but I’ve no idea how to find it – and I thought this wouldn’t happen because your code uses its own js and css, so I didn’t have to slot things in and delete other things as I did with some of the free contact forms I tried.

I uploaded one of your examples to my site, and it worked fine. No idea what the problem is… and really pulling my hair out! Can’t launch the site until the web form is working…. 🙁

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

izzi81
    Participant

Hi Ally,
    thanks for the reply. Yes, I found a glitch with one of my .js files, reuploading it seems to have fixed the problem.
    I’ll trim out the library links – as I’m using a template I’ve been trying to chop and change things which probably explains that!

The form does seem to be working now, but I have another question :o)
    The email I receive comes in with the subject ‘message from *name of sender*’, which I know is in the coding, but the ‘form’ email address is coming in as Root User, root@localhost. The sender’s email address is in the message though. How do I alter it so that the email appears to be coming from the sender? Obviously its much easier to reply to an email when it comes in this way.

Thanks!

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

izzi81
    Participant

Hi Ally,

thanks!
    Another quick question (hopefully the last). Any idea why the css isn’t applying to the form as it is displaying at the moment? Some of it must be, because of font colours, but a lot of it appears not to be. I have the css uploaded, in the required folder, and when I try one of your sample pages:
    http://www.craftycreatives.com/NA/test/indexexample.html
    The css seems to work without any problems. I know the site template I’m using has other stylesheets, do I need to combine your css with these into the same files? I don’t think there should be any duplication, as your styles are labelled ‘quform’ but it’s about all I can think of…

Thanks
    Isobel

Ally
    Support Staff

izzi81
    Participant

Hi Ally,

It’s this page:
    http://www.craftycreatives.com/NA/test/Copyofindex.html

I’m presuming the form should be a bit more styled than that, as the demo page seems to be using the same ‘light’ style.
    Thanks for all the help :o)

Isobel

Allan
    Support Staff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy