WordPress 6.1..1 and Visible Honeypot?

Home Forums Quform WordPress WordPress 6.1..1 and Visible Honeypot?

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    MediaServices
    Participant

Greetings, we noticed recently that Quforms on our websites with honeypot CAPTCHA being visible – both the button above the form and the “This field should be left blank” input field below the form’s SUBMIT button.

An odd thing is that although these fields are visible, if I turn Enable honeypot CAPTCHA OFF and then turn it back ON then the fields are again invisible as they should be.

I checked plugins and that did not seem to be a plugin conflict issue, so I wanted to inquire and make sure that it was because these WP sites had upgraded to WP version 6.1.1 and Quform 2.1.6.0 is compatible up to WP Version 6.1. Is this a known or expected issue?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

MediaServices
    Participant

Ally,

I checked Step 1 and “When to load scripts/styles” is set to “Always”. Before Step 2 I took a screenshot of Step 3’s output and https://upstatephysicianssc.com/wp-content/plugins/quform/cache/quform.js?ver=1662557404 was giving a 404 error. So then I went to Step 2 and turned off “Combine CSS” option and saved the settings, and the honeypots are now hidden/non-visible as they should be.

When I did troubleshooting before I posted here in the forums, on our other websites I had set “Enable honeypot CAPTCHA” to OFF, and then set it to ON and the honeypot would again be hidden/non-visible as it should be. When I got to your Step 2 and set “Combine CSS” to OFF and honeypot was again hidden/non-visible as it should be, and then I changed it back to ON and the honeypot is still hidden/non-visible. So the cause isn’t a permanent error from having “Combine CSS” set to ON.

So, for some reason either setting “Enable honeypot CAPTCHA” to OFF then ON, or setting “Combine CSS” to OFF then ON result in the honeypot being hidden again, and I am trying to figure out why it happened. Naturally we want to prevent that from happening again. Do you have any idea why the honeypots became visible based on the information provided here?

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

MediaServices
    Participant

Thanks, I’ll check with our server tech to see if we were running out of disk space on the server.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy